Six-13

Old July 27th 04, 12:06 PM
tonykara

Default Six-13

sorry if i touch a nerve, your bike rode ****loads better than mine,
like you said you can tell what an ant had for breakfast when you are
riding a full alloy TCR.

when i was riding your bike up the small hill on kilby road kew i
mentioned that it felt abit heavy/slugish, compared to mine it seemed
like you had to work harder to get up to the top. this wasnt a stab at
your bike, it was me just mentioning the differences between mine and
yours. on the flat yours was awsome, mine only feels that smooth when
connected to the wind trainer . and the gruppo was awsome, im
definately sold there!

i agree that in 2 - 3 years what ever i buy now will be less desirable
to the guy looking for something new, but im looking for something that
will give me the wow factor, i dont really care what others think as
long as i think its THE ****! a prime example are those who think a
recumbent is THE **** i agree with 50%, i agree with the **** part....
....but again each to their own.

here endeth my philosophical view on ones steed

--
tonykara
Old July 27th 04, 12:31 PM
flyingdutch

tonykara Wrote:
[...]

nah. no nerve touched. Ive heard the comment before about being flexy
re steel but like I said, i dont really know exactly what and where
that means.
(wish I could spend a week and ride EVERYTHING out there to get some
perspective on all this. ink in magazines is pretty useless at the end
of the day...)
there might be a difference with the tighter rear end from
the tight triangle cos of sloping toptube-shorter seat-tube combo, and
Im thinkin a tight triangle on a steel or Ti might be a cool compromise

(dreams of a Ghisallo...).

Im about 12 months ahead of you in the upgrade stakes. In my case the
initial enthusiasm lasted about 2 weeks and was then brought thudding
back to earth (admittedly by the hardest ride I have done - Alpine
Classic) cos it brought out into broad daylight that the thing i really
needed to improve was... yeah. Me!

Havin a pimpin bike (wow. i sound like one of them 'young' people. 'Yo'
) gets you a little more likely to climb outta bed on a Sunday and all,
but I have just spent the last hour finishing my singlespeed project
and its making its MkII debut in the morning and Im grinning like an
idiot typing this. and it's cost me less than $200!

Im sittin here sounding like 'grasshopper' bein wise and all, but Im
itchin to see what you and DaveB end up with
(strange how both purchases are so dependent on what the 'other half'
says...)

--
flyingdutch