He should have worn a helmet

Old September 27th 05, 12:57 PM
David Hansen

Default He should have worn a helmet

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ed...?id=2001372005

OAP struck by reversing car

AN 85-YEAR-OLD man has been seriously injured after being hit by a
black Mercedes.

The car was reversing slowly in Craig Street, Blackridge, West
Lothian, on Friday at about 4.50pm when the incident occurred.

The pensioner was taken to St John's Hospital in Livingston with
serious head injuries. He remains in hospital, where he is in a
critical condition.

I wonder when B**** will start campaigning for helmets to be worn by
pedestrians. Think of the children/pensioners, if just one life is
saved it would be worth it, it's obvious:-)

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.
Old September 28th 05, 09:34 PM

David Hansen wrote:

Scotsman story snipped.

I wonder when B**** will start campaigning for helmets to be worn by
pedestrians. Think of the children/pensioners, if just one life is
saved it would be worth it, it's obvious:-)

Nobody else has replied to this post so I'll say it. Your point is
correct David but there is a time and place for it. I hope none of that
guys relatives read this group.
Iain

Old September 28th 05, 10:11 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

I submit that on or about Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:57:15 +0100, the person
known to the court as David Hansen
made a statement in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

I wonder when B**** will start campaigning for helmets to be worn by
pedestrians. Think of the children/pensioners, if just one life is
saved it would be worth it, it's obvious:-)

Funny you should say that. Today's Metro had a picture of some totty
advertising undies in London, in the background was a pedestrian
clearly wearing a walking helmet!

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old September 29th 05, 10:34 AM
Mark Tranchant

Simon Brooke wrote:

(i) dying suddenly from a blow to the head while enjoying oneself,
especially after three score years and ten, is not a tragedy; and

Even if he were your father?

--
Mark.
http://tranchant.plus.com/
Old September 29th 05, 10:36 AM

Simon Brooke wrote:
the the difference in probability, for a road cyclist, between an
accident in which a helmet would mitigate injury and an accident in
which a helmet would aggravate injury is marginal at best.

I agree. The point I thought David was making was that people who
advocate helmets for cyclists use KSI accidents involving cyclists as
propaganda. On the other hand when peds are killed in accidents where
helmets **might** have made a difference similiar claims are not made.
A failure of logic on their part.
As that argument has been made before on this group I was just pointing
out that I did not think starting a new thread about it quoting that
incident was appropriate.
Iain

Old September 29th 05, 11:05 AM
David Hansen

On 29 Sep 2005 02:36:22 -0700 someone who may be
" wrote this:-

As that argument has been made before on this group I was just pointing
out that I did not think starting a new thread about it quoting that
incident was appropriate.

I think it entirely appropriate to show the flaws in their logic by
using the same approach as they do.

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.
Old September 29th 05, 12:38 PM
Chris Malcolm

" wrote this:-

As that argument has been made before on this group I was just pointing
out that I did not think starting a new thread about it quoting that
incident was appropriate.

I think it entirely appropriate to show the flaws in their logic by
using the same approach as they do.

Trying to show the flaws in their logic to people who can't think
straight can be very frustrating.

--
Chris Malcolm +44 (0)131 651 3445 DoD #205
[

Old September 29th 05, 03:37 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , Mark
Tranchant ') wrote:

Simon Brooke wrote:

(i) dying suddenly from a blow to the head while enjoying oneself,
especially after three score years and ten, is not a tragedy; and

Even if he were your father?

Especially if he were my father. I would far, far rather my father had
died that way than as he did, slowly and painfully in a hospital ward
stinking of rancid fat. Wouldn't you?

;; It's dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.
;; Voltaire RIP Dr David Kelly 1945-2004