Enough with the OT politics!

Old February 4th 04, 07:37 AM
Edward Dolan

Default Enough with the OT politics!

(Perry B) wrote in message . com...

(Edward Dolan) wrote in message . com...

You agree with him more than you disagree with him. I picked up on
that just fine.

You obviously didn't!

If I didn't, it is because your writing is so constipated. Do they not
have a community college there near Alexandria where you could go to
improve your writing skills?

The fact that you can't tell a good writing style from
a bad one marks you for the Lake Woebegone character that you are. You
probably think Garrison Keillor is a funny man too. It all boils down
to a matter of taste - good taste vs bad taste. By the way , there is
absolutely nothing striking or remarkable about your writing style
either. That may be why you think Mr. Sherman is another Shakespeare.

LOL\

Yeah, me too!

I will grant you that Mr. Sherman's writing style is more direct than
mine, but is that necessarily a good thing. I like to ramble a bit

There's a difference between rambling at bit and diarrhea. Like you,
diarrhea never seems to stop.

No, you do not like to read. The world is full of folks who do not
like to read. Everyone now is used to just looking at the TV (boob
tube) and that is as good as it gets for most of the dumbbells in this
world.

You are very late with your post. Why can't you keep up to date like
the rest of us. Even the indefatigable Mr. Sherman makes up on
weekends for his lapses during the rest of the week when I assume he
is hard at work doing his engineering chores.

I'm not some lonely old man holed up in Worthington with nothing
better to do than post endless ramblings so i can be the asshole of
the group. I have a life!

Even so, if you post you ought to hang in there until you have had
your say and not come back weeks later with a riposte. We have all
moved on by then to other subjects and will have forgotten you.

By the way, do not worry about being mistakened for an asshole. That
is what we all are here. Better to just admit it and get on with our
lives - I always say.

You still don't have a clue!

Yup, still clueless thanks to you!

Ed Dolan - Clueless in Minnesota
Old February 4th 04, 09:26 AM
Edward Dolan

(Perry B) wrote in message . com...
[...]

I'm not some lonely old man holed up in Worthington with nothing
better to do than post endless ramblings so I can be the asshole of
the group. I have a life!

I have decided I have been treating Perry rather cavalierly and that I
should show more consideration for his concerns. This will be all
about his "lonely old man" comment.

So here I go on the subject of loneliness and oldness!

I have been a hermit all of my life but I can honestly say that I have
never been lonely. I hardly even know what the word means. I attribute
this to my intelligence. I think it is really only quite dumb people
who experience loneliness. If the mind is always on something (other
than yourself of course), I do not see how anyone can ever be lonely.

I am now living in a small town on the high prairie of southern
Minnesota. I used to live in New York City. I do not see any
difference at all. I live inside my head which is where I assume that
everyone lives. So if you are lonely, then maybe there is something
you need to get into your head to fill the emptiness. Anything will
do, but it helps if you have some culture and refinement instead of
just junk and trash to put into your mind.

But I will admit I have seen lonely people in my life. They always
struck me as being a bit on the stupid side. Kind of like dumb herd
animals. They mostly seem to need to be with other people all the
time, but this never seems to do much good. I feel sorry for them, but
I stay as far away from them as I can get.

As for being old, I am not ready quite yet to step into the grave, but
everyone gets old, even Perry. All of you who are still feeling your
oats riding your recumbents, know that one day sooner than you think
that that will not be the case. You WILL slow down and if you are
lucky you will get to be old. And maybe when that day comes about you
will also gain some wisdom about what it means to be a living creature
on the planet earth.

As for me being an S.O.B., please note that I am posting in the thread
and that I have not started a new thread on "Loneliness". Chances are
no one is going to see this except Perry (although I aways write with
the thought that everyone in the world might be reading what I have
written). So if I ramble a bit, it is always in conjunction with what
has been posted previously. I do not start threads on the newsgroup
for purposes of my own ego. That is one sure way to ruin a newsgroup,
especially if done by someone like me because I know exactly what to
say to get a rise out of folks. But I do not do that.

OK, Perry, too much rambling (diarrhea of the mouth) for you?

Ed Dolan - Minnesota