Sixsixone leg armor question

Old March 30th 04, 10:12 PM
Phuni

Default Sixsixone leg armor question

There seems to be several version of sixsixone leg armor at this site:

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/sub.aspx?i=354

Does anyone out there have a recommendation for the best one to get for
unicycle riding? Some appear to be on sale which is nice.

Thanks!!

Phil

--
Phuni
Phuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5264

Old March 30th 04, 10:30 PM
tom_edmonds

I would say the 4x4's because thats what everyone seems to use, the
have good flexability and joint mobility to wear for long periodsof time
and not be too much of a bother tho they get quite hot. i couldnt say
about any other of the 661's but they seem to be more oreientated to
mountain bike racing, the 4x4's save the back of your legs from pedal
bites aswell, as i was reminded today, doesnt stop the bruising but id
rather have a bruise than another 6" long slice that bleeds for an age.

--
tom_edmonds - Finally...less talking, more riding

"Trials - limited only by the wallet"
tom_edmonds's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3992

Old March 30th 04, 11:08 PM
unigeee

i love the basic 4x4's. they do get hotbut i will take it for 20$

john

--
unigeee - Hmmmmm!
unigeee's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5397

Old March 31st 04, 12:59 AM
hole-in-my-shoe

EDIT: $20 seems very cheap mine cost about £40!!!

If you can find a discounted US website it is cheaper to import a pair
(including the cost of p&p) than to buy one from you-know-who.

--
hole-in-my-shoe - getting bigger
hole-in-my-shoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3661

Old March 31st 04, 01:07 AM
tennisgh22

will soccer shin guards work for unicycling or do i need to buy some
sixoneone whatevers?

--
tennisgh22 - Learning to muni

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

Old March 31st 04, 01:15 AM
newtouni

tennisgh22 wrote:
*will soccer shin guards work for unicycling or do i need to buy some
sixoneone whatevers? *

I use cheap Walmart shin gaurds, but I'm just learning and don't do any
serious muni. For me the soccer type gaurds have protected me well.

But.... at $20 these are a great deal and I be buying some tomorrow.

--
newtouni - Self Proclaimed Unicycling Dufus

Download UniCalc
(The Unicycle Calculator) free from
http://www.ironjungle.com/
newtouni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5465

Old March 31st 04, 02:00 AM
napalm

I have had some 661 4x4's for a while and have found them to be verry
good, i just have one question how are you ment to clean them?

--
napalm - unicycle trampolinist

all you have to do to learn to fly is to throw yourself at the ground
and miss
napalm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3952

Old March 31st 04, 03:08 AM
Phuni

I really appreciate all the advice from people out there on this topic
of leg armor. I have learned a great deal about the subject. Blessings
to all!

Phil

Old March 31st 04, 03:33 AM
U-Turn

napalm wrote:
*I have had some 661 4x4's for a while and have found them to be verry
good, i just have one question how are you ment to clean them? *

Just throw 'em into the washing machine. Not the dryer, though.

--
U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

Old March 31st 04, 03:51 AM
tomblackwood

tennisgh22 wrote:
*will soccer shin guards work for unicycling or do i need to buy some
sixoneone whatevers? *

I put on some standard volleyball knee pads backwards, so the pad covers
the calf. Then a soccer shin guard for the front. For me, this works
just fine, but I don't do a lot of slippery log riding. I bought some
Roach leg armor, but didn't like the degree to which it limited my
motion. The setup pictured he

http://tinyurl.com/2opqn

has worked much better for me, and has saved me a nasty calf injury
several times.

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....