Chain Lube

Old October 6th 16, 06:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Benderthe.evilrobot

Default Chain Lube

"Tosspot" wrote in message
On 30/09/16 22:35, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 09:31:43 +0700, John B.
wrote:

If not than perhaps the best solution would be to devise a method of
chain lubrication that would emulate the original factory lubrication.

I'll resist the temptation to scrape off sufficient grease from my new
chains still in the box to analyze. Sticky goo, that collects quite a
bit of dust to produce a tar like coating has been my experience.
While I realize that this might be heresy, I think Sheldon was wrong
because the factory grease is a dirt magnet. However, I use NBC
(nothing but cheapest) chains, which may use a uniquely cheap grease.

A few years ago I needed to replace the rear sprocket thingy - it seemed
like a new chain to go with it was the right thing to do (the chainwheel
looked OK).

The sprocket doofer was Shimano and the chain was lower middle price
range - the chain was knackered after a few months.

peers into toolbox

I don't have a sprocket doofer! Do I need one?

If you're too technical for your shorts - you need a sprocket doohickey.

Old October 6th 16, 06:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Benderthe.evilrobot

"John B." wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

I believe that the well equipped cyclist will have not only a Doofer
but also a Doofer Wrench :-)

Some people are just a doofer...................

Old October 6th 16, 06:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Benderthe.evilrobot

"DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH" wrote in message
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=search-action

Definitely a doofer for the whatsit.

Factory lube/chaincase experiment (X8 chain, Chainglider chain case,Surly SS & Rohloff gears) Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 15 July 14th 13 08:07 PM
Dry Chain Lube? !Jones[_3_] Techniques 5 June 13th 08 04:10 AM
Chain lube Si UK 13 August 20th 05 07:24 AM
CHAIN LUBE CHAIN LUBE CHAIN LUBE g.daniels Techniques 10 November 1st 04 05:08 PM
Chain Lube Doki Mountain Biking 8 October 22nd 04 09:07 PM