Cable routing on mountain bike.

Old October 7th 16, 08:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Benderthe.evilrobot

Default Cable routing on mountain bike.

"John B." wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 18:19:50 +0100, "Benderthe.evilrobot"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 5 Oct 2016 21:30:50 +0100, "Benderthe.evilrobot"
wrote:

Rebuilding a pretty much stripped frame, it looks fairly simple, but so
far
I've only got as far as buying the cable. Some guidance would be handy
before I start cutting..........

An email to the manufacturer went unanswered and Sheldon Brown doesn't
get
that specific on cable routing. Google wasn't much help either.

Its the cable layout that runs in a plastic runner under the bottom
bracket.
The bike I'm using has all its cable runs along the top tube.

Thanks for any help.

If the cable stops are all on the top of the top-tube than, usually,
you just use the existing cable and the bare cable runs between the
cable stops.

I guess your reading comprehension hasn't improved - I stated that it has
plastic cable guide under the bottom bracket.

Also I stated that the bike I'm using has cables along the top tube - most
people would understand that I can't just copy that on the frame I'm
building.

You say "The bike I'm using has all its cable runs along the top
tube." so I discussed possible top tube configurations. Now it seems
to have changed to "under the bottom bracket" which is a bit
different.

The only thing that changed is your perception of what I stated.

I typed the words in - I can't make you read them....................

Old October 7th 16, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Benderthe.evilrobot

"John B." wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 19:48:39 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 8:17:00 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 18:19:50 +0100, "Benderthe.evilrobot"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

has a

--
cheers,

John B.

Methinks he is currently using a bicvycle with the cables along the top
tube. Methinks the bike he wants to put the cables on has an under the
bottom bracket cable guide and thus needs cable run there. Why he
mentioned the top cable guide bike is beyond me as it certainly confused
the issue.

And there was me KF'd someone who actually bothers to read what I
wrote...........................................

Old October 7th 16, 09:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Benderthe.evilrobot

"DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH" wrote in message
uh thinking is the frame is older n a new guide .....costing
peanuts.....is from a generation better plastic .....

as for the top tube ? no reason producing developmental situations when
the wires are just as good where the engineer placed them.

my reading ability is good. speaking with hardheads isnot in odor

I may be a hardhead - but you're barely intelligible in any language.

Old October 7th 16, 09:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Benderthe.evilrobot

wrote:

On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 8:17:00 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 18:19:50 +0100, "Benderthe.evilrobot"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

It points out that I can't copy the layout from the complete bike.

Old October 8th 16, 12:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

an electronic rear wheel brake control ...poss a brain implant ?

Hello Helooo rear brake brake cumin rear brake weeez goin under de Bus .....

Cable routing on a time trial bike Jeff[_9_] Techniques 3 October 20th 08 06:33 PM
Cable routing Larry[_2_] Techniques 5 June 12th 07 02:42 AM
MTB: downtube cable routing David Bonnell Techniques 0 May 23rd 07 10:40 PM
cable routing, rollamajig? futrino Techniques 3 May 5th 07 12:06 AM
Cable routing on FSA k wings without internal routing. chad Techniques 3 June 13th 06 12:03 AM