Do you blame China for your high gas prices?

Old September 6th 11, 07:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Default Do you blame China for your high gas prices?

Well, that's part of the problem, but a bigger problem may be you. Chances are you are wasting gas and your vehicle is XL or XXL. Nothing you can do about China anyway. More likely than not, you are addicted to Chinese products and that's at the core of the problem.

But I'll make it simple for you: RIDE A BIKE TODAY!

NOTE: Under no circumstance blame Obama for it. He's doing what he can to keep prices low, so he can be reelected. Yes, everything is related in the jungle, but it comes back to you. I can tell you because I'm NOT running for office.

Old September 7th 11, 03:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

On Tuesday, September 6, 2011 11:26:54 PM UTC-4, Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article

,

wrote:

On Tuesday, September 6, 2011 4:20:35 PM UTC-4, LilAbner wrote:
On 9/6/2011 2:13 PM, TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher wrote:
Well, that's part of the problem, but a bigger problem may be you.
Chances are you are wasting gas and your vehicle is XL or XXL. Nothing
you can do about China anyway. More likely than not, you are addicted to
Chinese products and that's at the core of the problem.

But I'll make it simple for you: RIDE A BIKE TODAY!

NOTE: Under no circumstance blame Obama for it. He's doing what he can to
keep prices low, so he can be reelected. Yes, everything is related in
the jungle, but it comes back to you. I can tell you because I'm NOT
running for office.

Ride a bike, yeah!
Eight inches of rain yesterday, four today.
46 miles to the Doctor. 46 miles back
Day before yesterday 100 degrees. Store no closer.
3 bags of groceries. Ride a bike?

Excuses, excuses, excuses... Too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter,
too far to the doctor.

Do what you can, when you can. I can carry three bags of grocery and more.
It's the roads that are not ready for me.

At least don't blame Obama.

.... so says the future Darwin Award winner!

Don't blame me, blame the terrorists!*

You know what, I took the trouble to weigh my shopping bags/panniers and they were 40lbs! And my 3 spd. Dutch bike handled that weight with grace. First gear all the way.

We have plans with terrorists under the revolution though. We just need some country in Africa or something to try it first. Then Americans will say, "Oh, we've been suckers for so long. We were led to believe there was no other way. We never gave it a thought, just followed."

*terrorists are drivers that terrorize cyclists and pedestrians, keeping them in the cage.
Old September 8th 11, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

On Thursday, September 8, 2011 6:42:34 AM UTC-4, AndyS wrote:
On Sep 7, 3:41 pm, "Joan F \(MI\)"
wrote:
No, corn is a bad thing to use for ethanol, it ruins the environment. The
only reasont they use it is because of the corn lobbying groups.

Andy comments:
Joan, I respectfully disagree.

An ounce of ethanol in a glass of orange juice, and my
environment gets better........

I have come up with my own drink --called the "TibetanMonkey-OJ"-- which is awesome with or without alcohol. One caveat though, either you must ride a bike to appreciate or must invoke my name. Anyway here's the basic drink:

50% OJ, 50% tonic water diet

OPTIONAL: Patron Silver tequila or whatever you got at hand.