Giro-d'Italia stage 5 summary

Old May 11th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Giro-d'Italia stage 5 summary

Changes in stage 5 compared to stage 4

Biggest gainers by position :
+72 Jan Ullrich
+67 Michael Blaudzun
+67 Frantisek Rabon
+51 Volodymir Gustov
+48 Joerg Ludewig
+48 Carlos Sastre Candil
+41 Manuel Beltran Martinez
+37 Viatcheslav Ekimov
+34 Inigo Cuesta Lopez De Castro
+29 Scott Davis

Biggest losers by position :
-76 Miguel Angel Rubiano Chavez
-65 Matthias Russ
-63 Gustav Erik Larsson
-54 Carlos Da Cruz
-53 Torsten Hiekmann
-51 Maxime Monfort
-50 Roberto Laiseka Jaio
-46 Ivan Mayoz
-34 Grégory Rast
-32 Olivier Bonnaire
-30 Luca Mazzanti

Biggest gainers by time :
+0:32 Volodymir Gustov
+0:32 Nicki Sorensen
+0:32 Michael Blaudzun
+0:32 Jens Voigt
+0:32 Ivan Basso
+0:32 Carlos Sastre Candil
+0:32 Bobby Julich
+0:31 Serguei Gonchar
+0:31 Olaf Pollack
+0:31 Michael Rogers

Biggest losers by time :
-5:45 Julio Alberto Perez Cuapio
-5:45 Miguel Angel Rubiano Chavez
-5:40 Moises Aldape Chavez
-5:19 Carlos Da Cruz
-4:42 Matthias Russ
-4:42 Torsten Hiekmann
-4:16 José Antonio Garrido Lima
-3:37 Gustav Erik Larsson
-3:12 Carl Naibo
-2:51 Andy Flickinger
-2:51 Giovanni Bernaudeau

Favourites by position :
+72 Jan Ullrich
+48 Carlos Sastre Candil
+12 Ivan Basso
+10 Andrea Noe'
+5 Serguei Gonchar
+5 Dario David Cioni
+2 Danilo Di Luca
-4 Paolo Savoldelli
-7 Damiano Cunego
-10 Davide Rebellin
-16 Gilberto Simoni

Favourites by time :
+0:32 Ivan Basso
+0:32 Carlos Sastre Candil
+0:31 Serguei Gonchar
+0:31 Jan Ullrich
-0:07 Paolo Savoldelli
-0:10 Dario David Cioni
-0:10 Danilo Di Luca
-0:10 Andrea Noe'
-0:31 Davide Rebellin
-0:32 Damiano Cunego
-0:54 Gilberto Simoni

Favourites standings :
1 Serguei Gonchar 15.30.23
5 Ivan Basso 0.11
6 Paolo Savoldelli 0.20
12 Danilo Di Luca 0.49
13 Davide Rebellin 0.54
14 Dario David Cioni 0.56
19 Andrea Noe' 1.09
25 Damiano Cunego 1.17
26 Jan Ullrich 1.20
52 Gilberto Simoni 1.56
101 Carlos Sastre Candil 2.44

Retirements to date :
Cofidis, le Credit par Telephone Leonardo Bertagnolli DNF 4
Davitamon-Lotto Christophe Brandt DNS 4
Quick Step-Innergetic Remmert Wielinga
Team Milram Alessandro Petacchi DNS 4
Total retirements : 4

Old May 11th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bob Martin wrote:
Biggest gainers by position :
+72 Jan Ullrich

WOOHOO!

--
E. Dronkert
Old May 11th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Thu, 11 May 2006 20:58:42 +0200, Ewoud Dronkert
wrote:

Bob Martin wrote:
Biggest gainers by position :
+72 Jan Ullrich

WOOHOO!

Benjo will tell us what that works out to, the going rate to pay the
other 71 riders.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old May 11th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Woohoo indeed.

I bet he will loose loads of time in the mountains after wich we will
see the usual "Jan is too fat" hate-threads, but I'm secretly
hope-betting that he will be ready July...

GO JAN

And if he fails I'll still respect him

Old May 11th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bob Martin wrote:

Changes in stage 5 compared to stage 4

Biggest gainers by position :
+72 Jan Ullrich

Hey Jan!
Ja, coach!
Let's ride the Giro this year and get in form for the Tour!
Duh...OK!

Looks like a good July...
Old May 11th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Tuschinski wrote:
Woohoo indeed.

I bet he will loose loads of time in the mountains after wich we will
see the usual "Jan is too fat" hate-threads

snip

Dumbass -

The people who think that Jan is fat don't necessarily hate him.

For me personally, he's a waste of supreme talent, but that doesn't
mean I hate him. He's just a slacker relative to most of the rest of
the guys who reach that level. We're just telling it like it is.
Sometimes the truth ain't positive.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old May 12th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

news
wrote:

Bob Martin wrote:
Biggest gainers by position :
+72 Jan Ullrich

WOOHOO!

Benjo will tell us what that works out to, the going rate to pay the
other 71 riders.

I don't know, but since the moment that Savoldelli convinced Mauricio Ardila
and Wim van Huffel to help him for a mere pittance, the rates in the Giro
must have dropped dramatically.

Benjo

Old May 12th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

benjo maso wrote:
I don't know, but since the moment that Savoldelli convinced Mauricio Ardila
and Wim van Huffel to help him for a mere pittance, the rates in the Giro
must have dropped dramatically.

Well, it was Sean Yates in the Discovery car. It wasn't Allan
Peiper in the Davitamon-Lotto car, was it?

Perhaps an old debt was repaid.

Bob Schwartz
Old May 12th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Stu Fleming wrote:
Bob Martin wrote:

Changes in stage 5 compared to stage 4

Biggest gainers by position :
+72 Jan Ullrich

Hey Jan!
Ja, coach!
Let's ride the Giro this year and get in form for the Tour!
Duh...OK!

Looks like a good July...

I think doing the Giro is the smartest thing he has ever done. I think
he (everyone) has been trying to emulate Lan%^ for far too long and not
staying true to themselves and listening to their own bodies.

By riding a Giro, he is not "training" in Tuscany where the food is
good and he is laying around in bed cheating on his common law wife
with his best freinds sister (this one time, in band camp...). You
cant make that **** up.

Anyway, he is going to come out of the Giro with a great base and tear
it up in the tour.

The other good thing with the Giro is that I think he could be finding
his true calling - super domestique/road captain. No pressure to win,
and he can ride hard all day long and then sit up in the end. He is
such a diesel anyway. He seems like an awful nice guy, etc. I could go
on. It all fits. He gets to work his ass off for a team mate, and
still get paid good, and win some time trials, maybe focus on worlds.
Maybe a good career move for him.

Old May 12th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

jerry in vermont wrote:

I think doing the Giro is the smartest thing he has ever done. I think
he (everyone) has been trying to emulate Lan%^ for far too long and not
staying true to themselves and listening to their own bodies.

Absolutely agree.

Robbie wins Giro d'Italia Stage Two sprint cfsmtb Australia 14 May 10th 06 12:52 AM
Cottur Passes on Davey Crockett Racing 2 March 9th 06 03:57 AM
The Graciousness Of A Champion hold my beer and watch this... Racing 41 September 4th 03 08:14 PM
Wins in Grand Tours? Isidor Gunsberg Racing 11 July 31st 03 07:32 PM