Interesting bloke.

Old May 26th 04, 07:07 PM
Simon Mason

Default Interesting bloke.

This guy from the BBC message board about obesity is either a wind up or a
freak of nature!

I do no exercise at all. I smoke 20 - 30 cigarettes a day. I drink more
lager or vodka/red bull than my "recommended allowance". I drive to work
(would be a 5 minute walk), I sit at a desk all day, In the evening I
usually watch 5-6 hrs of TV, I eat burgers, pizzas, fish and chips, crisps,
chocolate etc and very little fruit and veg. I am not overweight (slight
beer belly) and have not been seriously ill since childhood (Now 44). A
recent medical exam showed normal BP, below average cholesterol and normal
BMI. I admit that I could not do a 10 mile run or cycle 40 miles but I don't
want/need to so why should I exercise?

Old May 26th 04, 07:12 PM
Simonb

Because your cardiovascular system is ****ed and you'll die otherwise?

Old May 26th 04, 07:30 PM
onl5923

Simonb wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
I admit that I could not do a 10 mile run or cycle 40 miles but
I don't

want/need to so why
should I exercise?

I think anything happening to him like heart attack or cancer will b
short, quick and efficient.... Keep up the good work ............

-

Old May 26th 04, 07:43 PM
Eugenio Mastroviti

On Wed, 26 May 2004 19:07:04 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

This guy from the BBC message board about obesity is either a wind up or a
freak of nature!

Er, no.

Well, I mean, if he is, so am I. 12/15 eggs (usually fried), over
250g butter, over 800 grams chocolate (plus all the hot choc I can drink),
loads of pasta and red meat in a week. I don't drink much (my definition
of binge drinking is "four pints in the same month) but I believe I more
than make that up in whipped cream. I'm 1m 85, 59 Kg. Used to be 57, I
gained 2 Kg in the 18 months since I started cycling again (after 10 years
of mostly sedentary life), which makes it my biggest and fastest weight
gain in my life - and that includes 6 years on and off on fattening diets.
My blood cholesterol is usually below minimum, and other fats are
extremely low. My BP is 60/90 and my BMI is below normal.

Oh yes, I smoke between 10 and 25 cigarettes a day, depending on stress,
level of p***ed-off-ness with my boss, number of security patches to
install on servers, and wife's need to put up new curtains EVERY saturday.

Eugenio

Old May 26th 04, 09:05 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , Simon Mason
') wrote:

This guy from the BBC message board about obesity is either a wind up
or a freak of nature!

I do no exercise at all. I smoke 20 - 30 cigarettes a day. I drink
more
lager or vodka/red bull than my "recommended allowance". I drive to
work (would be a 5 minute walk), I sit at a desk all day, In the
evening I usually watch 5-6 hrs of TV, I eat burgers, pizzas, fish and
chips, crisps, chocolate etc and very little fruit and veg. I am not
overweight (slight beer belly) and have not been seriously ill since
childhood (Now 44). A recent medical exam showed normal BP, below
average cholesterol and normal BMI. I admit that I could not do a 10
mile run or cycle 40 miles but I don't want/need to so why should I
exercise?

Why indeed? It's his funeral.

;; All in all you're just another hick in the mall
-- Drink C'lloid

Old May 26th 04, 10:05 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

wrote in message
:

This guy from the BBC message board about obesity is either a wind up or a
freak of nature!

A classic example of why you should ignore anecdotal evidence in
favour of robust whole-population data...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old May 26th 04, 10:26 PM
Jon Senior

Just zis Guy, you know? opined the
following...
A classic example of why you should ignore anecdotal evidence in
favour of robust whole-population data...

But... "My Beer-gut Saved My Life" (tm)

Jon
Old May 26th 04, 11:34 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

This guy from the BBC message board about obesity is either a wind up or a
freak of nature!

He's not the only one. I distinctly remember a lady at work (as I was *jealous*
as hell of her), was very slim and she was a lovely person too. She made great
play of the fact she never exercised and she ate anything and often. I can
attest to the amount of chocolate, sweets and crisps she ate as well as the
amount of full-sugar soft drinks she consumed. I was genuinely astounded at the
amount she ate - she eating almost constantly throughout the day - and she
added insult to injury by saying she looked forward to a "proper dinner" when
she went home of an evening. This woman was a tall and willowy size 10, yet she
literally stuffed her face all day.

BAH!

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old May 26th 04, 11:41 PM
Simonb

She made great play of the fact she never exercised and she ate
anything and often.

This woman was a tall and willowy size 10,
yet she literally stuffed her face all day.

Oh. She sounds like a _really_ lovely person.

Old May 27th 04, 12:08 AM
\(t'other\) Dave

"Simonb" wrote in message
.. .
Simon Mason wrote:

I admit that I could not do a 10 mile run or cycle 40 miles but I don't

want/need to so why
should I exercise?

Because your cardiovascular system is ****ed and you'll die otherwise?

Don't sound like 'e's got much to live for anyway, so no great shakes there
then..