Relative

Old May 10th 05, 09:38 PM
soup

Default Relative

Was feeling a bit antsy tonight after my tea so decided to have a wee
blast on the bike, only five miles as it was getting late but this time
last year the trip was a big outing which would have involved a couple
of pushes of the bike up hills plus a big stop to drink water (Y-frame
bike with the bottle cage bosses sited in such a way that if you had an
accident with a bottle fitted you (TINY) would be singing soprano)and
eat a couple of choccy bars. This time though did it all without getting
of the 'bike once.
This time six months ago the 25 mile loop through Kirknewton along the
canal then back up the water of Leith walkway was an aspirational ride
now I blast it off in the morning, takes just under two hours to 2½
hours depending on traffic, stops on route etc

All I have to do now is get rid of the cheese mobile (a competition
win) and get a "proper" 'bike.
--
yours S

Old May 10th 05, 10:29 PM
Tony B

All I have to do now is get rid of the cheese mobile (a competition
win) and get a "proper" 'bike.

Nice one, in between posting all my address books to usenet I have gone
through a similar transition only maybe even more extreme; I could
hardly get out of my street when I started and here I am now, 100 miles
a week commuting and a couple of real audaxes under my belt. Good, innit?

Well done you, keep it up!

Tony B
Old May 11th 05, 09:50 AM
Simon Brooke

in message , soup
') wrote:

Was feeling a bit antsy tonight after my tea so decided to have a
wee
blast on the bike, only five miles as it was getting late but this
time last year the trip was a big outing which would have involved a
couple
of pushes of the bike up hills plus a big stop to drink water
(Y-frame bike with the bottle cage bosses sited in such a way that if
you had an accident with a bottle fitted you (TINY) would be singing
soprano)and eat a couple of choccy bars. This time though did it all
without getting of the 'bike once.
This time six months ago the 25 mile loop through Kirknewton along the
canal then back up the water of Leith walkway was an aspirational ride
now I blast it off in the morning, takes just under two hours to 2½
hours depending on traffic, stops on route etc

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel good?

All I have to do now is get rid of the cheese mobile (a competition
win) and get a "proper" 'bike.

Treat yourself to something you don't think you can afford. It's amazing
how nice a really good bike feels to ride. Oh, and if you're spending
real money make sure it fits properly before you buy it - don't be
palmed off on the one they happen to have in stock.

;; in faecibus sapiens rheum propagabit