info on converting 9sp ERGO shifter to 10sp

Old August 27th 04, 06:38 PM
sfcommuter

Default info on converting 9sp ERGO shifter to 10sp

Thanks so much for the reponses. I should have specified they are 200
Chorus 9sp. I got such an incredible discount on them last winter in
close-out I figured it would still be less expensive to upgrade them t
10sp at some point

--
sfcommuter

Old August 27th 04, 07:23 PM
Bruni

A tool for winding the flat spring can be made out of thinwall 5/16 cro-mo
(.035). You need only file it to produce two teeth that fit the grooves in
the top plate, then it is pressed onto a stubby #2 phillips . Prevents much
cussing.
Tom

--
Bruni Bicycles
"Where art meets science"

Thanks so much for the reponses. I should have specified they are 2003
Chorus 9sp. I got such an incredible discount on them last winter in a
close-out I figured it would still be less expensive to upgrade them to
10sp at some point.

--
sfcommuter

Old August 28th 04, 02:43 AM
Pete Biggs

sfcommuter wrote:
Thanks so much for the reponses. I should have specified they are
2003 Chorus 9sp. I got such an incredible discount on them last
winter in a close-out I figured it would still be less expensive to
upgrade them to 10sp at some point.

2003 Chorus Ergos are essentially the same as 2001's. You can see the
differences bewteen 9 and 10sp versions on this 2001 diagram, complete
with part numbers:

http://www.campagnolo.com/pdf/spares01-A.pdf - pdf page 32

No special tools required. Job is DIYable but not very easy.

~PB