I'm Looking at a Freestyle Unicycle....

Old January 10th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

Default I'm Looking at a Freestyle Unicycle....

Hi Im looking at buying a freestyle unicycle, and the Nimbus II looks
pretty good for freestyle/flatland.
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=739.
Does anyone have this Uni and what do you think about it? Do you think
this is a good choice or should i buy something else?
I have a Qu-Ax 20" Trials, An old Schwinn 24", A Torker Tx 5' Giraffe,
And a learner Uni, a Torker Cx (now my sisters).
Thanks for your help!

--
surfer1024
surfer1024's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13733

Old January 10th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Looks like a great collection of parts for the price. One of the factors
for Freestyle is foot grip/comfort on the fork crown. I don't have
experience with that frame so I can't comment, but it looks like your
foot will definitely stay on there. Future upgrades to that cycle might
involve a front bumper without handle, a non-quick release clamp (if
it's gouging your legs) and maybe a lower-profile seat. But for the
price, that looks like a really well-equipped ride!

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view

Old January 10th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

I suggest the new nimbus longneck 20" unicycle.

It is about $180, has a nice longneck frame, and is a great unicycle. I
have one.

--
mornish

aim: kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com
(\_/)
O o
()This is bunny. Copy bunny on to your signature to help him on his
way to world domination.

Old January 11th 07, 08:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onelesscar

In regards to the the thread title, I was gonna say, "I'm looking at a
computer monitor..." although I too look at my unicycles quite often.

--
onelesscar

"It's f*$%^*g raining!"
"Well, is it f*$%^*g or is it raining?"

"That car was -melting-????"
onelesscar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11127

Old January 11th 07, 08:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Daniel.Foster

ive got a nimbus 2, it is a great ride, it is very smooth and also great
to learn on . but yeah, just one minux, today the bearings in a pedal
kinda broke, a bit but i just got some new $20 alloy ones.

--
Daniel.Foster
Daniel.Foster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11467

Old January 11th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendan

uhm i'd recommend the nimbus X 20"..... better frame the nimbus II....

--
brendan
brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680

Old January 12th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

Sorry for late reply, Im on vacation but what are the advantages of a
"longneck" Unicycle compared to a short necked Uni

Old January 12th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

no seatclamp in the way.

--
zfreak220

certified curb hopper 11-23-06

iridemymuni wrote:
i think everybody agrees when i say you lucky son of a bitch

zfreak220's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11948