Better pads ?

Old February 18th 11, 05:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ken[_6_]

Default Better pads ?

On Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:53:30 PM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
Does someone sell some better quality brake shoes?

Something that doesn't start squealing after a hundred miles would be
nice.

I've have been happily using Avenir Sticky fingers, but lots of people here recommend Kool Stops, so I thought I would give salmon Kool Stops a try. On my commuter bike (which sees a lot of stopping in the wet), the salmon Kool Stops are *much* quieter. However, I think the Avenir pads stop a lot better, albeit with a lot of squealing when wet.

The Avenirs wear out quickly, ~1000 miles with my usage. I haven't had the Kool Stops on long enough to wear out a set yet.

My 2 cents
Ken

Better pads ? Andy Techniques 11 February 21st 11 07:12 PM
brake pads .. ?? You know ?? Clyde Henpecker Rides 1 June 28th 09 08:20 AM
Fit Pads .. for a Bell Helmet .. REplacement .. ??? How to, where, Fit Pads. Clyde Henpecker General 3 June 20th 09 11:34 PM
which leg pads should i buy smcmorrow Unicycling 1 September 25th 05 10:57 PM
Shimano pads vs Kool Stop pads flyingdutch Australia 15 October 28th 04 09:36 PM