Flatest shoes??

Old September 8th 04, 05:42 AM
Kerry Montgomery

KB wrote in message ...
What are the best shoes out there (other than custom, R7, etc.) for flat
feet?? As in, the opposite from Carnac (ouch!!)!
thx!

Yet another NOT "flat" definition - Specialized have some contour, but
correctly advertise that they tilt the bottom of your foot so that the
inside is higher than the outside. Bad for my (high arch) feet, probably
good for flat ones.
Kerry

Old September 8th 04, 03:17 PM
David Reuteler

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
I have flat feet and wear Sidis with a custom orthotic.

ditto, beeng doing so for ~4.5 years & pretty good.
--
david reuteler

Old September 8th 04, 03:52 PM
Mark Janeba

David Reuteler wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

I have flat feet and wear Sidis with a custom orthotic.

ditto, beeng doing so for ~4.5 years & pretty good.

Same here, currently Sidi Megas and orthotics, the orthotics for 18 years.

Question to you: Are we sure the orthotics help us *while cycling*? I
*know* they help walking, and they have resolved my knee pain issues of
long ago (pain's gone, at any rate), but...

The orthotics don't seem to affect the ball of the foot, and seemingly
that's all that cycling uses.

I'm thinking of trying cycling w/o the orthotics for a bit to see -
wouldn't consider that in my street shoes - the discomfort is immediate.

Any thoughts or experience appreciated.

Mark "those orthotics don't fit perfectly into cycling shoes" Janeba

Old September 8th 04, 06:15 PM
David Reuteler

Mark Janeba wrote:
David Reuteler wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

I have flat feet and wear Sidis with a custom orthotic.

ditto, beeng doing so for ~4.5 years & pretty good.

Same here, currently Sidi Megas and orthotics, the orthotics for 18 years.

Question to you: Are we sure the orthotics help us *while cycling*? I
*know* they help walking, and they have resolved my knee pain issues of
long ago (pain's gone, at any rate), but...

yea, i think so. they help to keep my foot in a horizontal plane .. before
i was pretty consistently rotating my archside lower moving my knee inwards.
actually i bought them for the first time in the middle of a long tour and
a lot of my problems (hot spots, knee problems) were reduced. i'm sold
from that experience. touring is great for testing equipment.

I'm thinking of trying cycling w/o the orthotics for a bit to see -
wouldn't consider that in my street shoes - the discomfort is immediate.

Any thoughts or experience appreciated.

Mark "those orthotics don't fit perfectly into cycling shoes" Janeba

mine more or less do .. but only after several hundred miles.
--
david reuteler