Salsa 1" quill stems

Old November 19th 04, 10:00 PM
bfd

Default Salsa 1" quill stems

B wrote:
Just had a reply from Salsa. Said that they were have some production

problems
with the cromoly stems and were taking this opportunity to make some
improvements. They should have them by next fall.

The question I have is are the Salsa cromoly quill stems made by
Waterford, the company that use to make its now defunct threadless
cro-moly stems, i.e., SUL and "classic"? Alternatively, will Waterford
make these new and improved ones too?

Old November 19th 04, 11:08 PM
Todd Kuzma

bfd wrote:
B wrote:

Just had a reply from Salsa. Said that they were have some production

problems

with the cromoly stems and were taking this opportunity to make some
improvements. They should have them by next fall.

The question I have is are the Salsa cromoly quill stems made by
Waterford, the company that use to make its now defunct threadless
cro-moly stems, i.e., SUL and "classic"? Alternatively, will Waterford
make these new and improved ones too?

After Ross Shafer sold Salsa, Waterford manufactured the
cromoly stems whether threadless or quill. My understanding
was that Salsa was going to stop offering these stems
because of low sales relative to their offshore-produced
aluminum threadless stems.

If it is true that Salsa will continue producing these
models, my guess is that they either changed their mind and
will continue with production at the Waterford plant or they
will move production overseas (as they have done with pretty
much all of their other products).

Todd Kuzma