Unicycle Skyline Drive - Shenandoah National Park, VA

Old November 14th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
chuckaeronut

Default Unicycle Skyline Drive - Shenandoah National Park, VA

I just have to be carefull not to overdo it right away and watch my
knee.

+1 on that. Don't hurt yourself any more. You might consider running
the 165 moments if you're worried about your knee? All it does is make
you more bike-like. (i.e. easier on your knee) When I changed from 165
to 150, I'm not sure I gained any speed at all. Maybe half a mile an
hour worth of cruise speed. The 150s just made me able to spin a little
faster going downhill, which is rare enough that I almost kind think
165s would be at least as good as the 150s, and less stressful on
joints... if I cared only about downhill speed, I'd probably be
struggling with 125s, haha. 150-165 probably doesn't make too much of a
difference, though, so if you don't have them, it's not worth it.

A big w00t for 36ers, though!

--
chuckaeronut

Uni to work to eat to live to uni to work to...!
Old November 15th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

I lived in NC and loved Skyline Dr. With our Panama Evo of Balance trip
in January, it's doubtful I could make this ride, depending on when it
takes shape, but I would try to be there. We know a bunch of folks in
DC, so a family trip might make it work.

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
Old November 15th 08, 04:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joshben

wow, didn't expect this kind of interest!

if we want to do a tour, i guess i was thinking sometime between late
february and early May. I am pretty open to other seasons (next year),
though. after reading James' input, i realize that we won't be able to
ride with my bike friends, but i think it would be fun to start at the
same time. one thing that seems like it would be cool is to start at
opposite ends and meet and camp together one night in the middle.

--
joshben