Orange County, CA Charity Unicycle Ride

Old November 21st 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timekeeper

Default Orange County, CA Charity Unicycle Ride

Man I wish I could attend! I'll even be in Anaheim that night for a
Buckethead concert, but I can't leave early enough because I have to
wait for my girlfriend to finish work. Phooey!

--
timekeeper
Old November 21st 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
crazyjoe

I'm almost sure I will be able to go. A few questions, though:

1. What do we need to do to get sponsored?

2. Is that already taken care of?

3. And should I show up earlier than 3:30?

--
crazyjoe

*'uniproshop.com' (http://uniproshop.com)*
*'MySpace' (http://myspace.com/myspace_joespace)*
*'deviantART' (http://thecrazyjoe.deviantart.com/)*
Old November 21st 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Looking forward to seeing everybody there! I'll be bringing two friends
as well, including one who I taught to ride about a month ago and he's
doing great. I'll be doing a MUni ride in the early am tomorrow with two
other new riding buddies, and even though they won't be able to attend
the charity ride, they'll each be giving me a donation check to bring to
the event! Thanks Paho and Illan, you're a great guys!

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com)

'My cool beanie with flaps!'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=12920)
Old November 22nd 08, 05:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
crazyjoe

HOW DO I GET SPONSORED? ANYBODY??? Please I want to know if there are
already companies sponsoring everyone or if we needed to find people.

Old November 22nd 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
adambrody85

crazyjoe;1135335 wrote:
HOW DO I GET SPONSORED? ANYBODY??? Please I want to know if there are
already companies sponsoring everyone or if we needed to find people.

You can get sponsored or just show up and ride. If you want you can get
people to sponsor you a dollar per lap. Come and join us either way
though!!!!

--
adambrody85
Old November 22nd 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
crazyjoe

That's good to know. Thank you. I will most likely be there, now it's
just a matter of making sure today's busy schedule is going to work.
I'll try to get my mom and some neighbors to sponsor me.

Old November 22nd 08, 04:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

I gave donation forms to one friend who is attending, and he has
gathered at least $200 from his friends and relatives! Another who
cannot attend is sending in his donation by mail! Should be a the best
"unicycle-o-thon" yet!

Old November 24th 08, 06:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scott ttocs

How was the ride? Please post a report.

Thank you.

--
scott ttocs
Old November 24th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
chuckaeronut

hey Scott TTocs!! You're in Irvine... do I know you? Do you know me
and/or Todd (onelesscar) and/or any of us here at UC Irvine... or our
small circle of brand new riders? We should get together and ride!!

The ride went great... Beyond that I don't really know anything :-) -
but I'm sure Adam could tell you more.

Crud... late for class. Grrr. Why am I still posting?

--
chuckaeronut

Uni to work to eat to live to uni to work to...!
Old November 24th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

The ride went great!! A wee bit chilly but perfect after riding a couple
laps. Chuck did the most laps, like 50 or something and I came in second
with 44!! Now I have a goal to beat for next year. Don't know how much
money was raised but hopefully Adam will chime in sooner or later.
Thanks again Adam for organizing this!

--
unicycle6869

24X3 INSTENSE TIRES ON SALE