Stolen Bike

Old August 8th 18, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

Default Stolen Bike

On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 09:44:19 +0100, Peter Keller
wrote:

On 07.08.2018 19:24, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 07 Aug 2018 09:17:53 +0100, Peter Keller
wrote:

On 06.08.2018 20:02, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Mon, 06 Aug 2018 09:16:17 +0100, Bod wrote:

He can afford a car yet uses a bicycle, that's gross stupidity.
Thanks greatly for the excellent compliment coming from YOU.
My bike is an excellent convenient healthy exhilarating convenient
economical viable means of transport.
It really is a very great compliment to be called grossly stupid
by YOU.
Especially by YOU.
And I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are
the ****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.

Cyclists v drivers? They're often the same people.

Much has been written about a war between cyclists and drivers, as
if the two groups were such polar opposites that they could never
cross in a Venn diagram. But according to new research, people who
cycle the most are likely to own at least two cars.

Regular cyclists – those who cycle at least once a week – are also
disproportionately likely to read broadsheet newspapers, be well
educated, have a household income of at least £50,000 per year and
shop at Waitrose, claims the latest Mintel report, Bicycles in the
UK 2010. In addition, they are twice as likely to be men as women.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ng-boom-survey
I guess the Guardian is wrong then, or cyclists wouldn't yell at
drivers all the time.
I don't yell at drivers all the time.
I use my voice like a car uses (or is supposed to use) a horn; as a
warning that unless someone does some kind of avoiding manoeuvre, a
clash may happen.
Note, it is only an indecipherable shout; not an oath or plashemy or
foul language or insult or something.

Funny, I've never had to yell at a motorist on my bike, maybe you
should cycle more carefully?

I sometimes have to, but usually I find I am acknowledging their
courtesy.
Maybe that is why I am still alive and uninjured.

Why would you yell to acknowledge courtesy?
Old August 8th 18, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 10:00:33 +0100, Bod wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ng-boom-survey
I guess the Guardian is wrong then, or cyclists wouldn't yell at
drivers all the time.
I don't yell at drivers all the time.
I use my voice like a car uses (or is supposed to use) a horn; as a
warning that unless someone does some kind of avoiding manoeuvre, a
clash may happen.
Note, it is only an indecipherable shout; not an oath or plashemy or
foul language or insult or something.

Funny, I've never had to yell at a motorist on my bike, maybe you
should cycle more carefully?

I sometimes have to, but usually I find I am acknowledging their
courtesy.
Maybe that is why I am still alive and uninjured.

I've been cycling on and off for 64 years and never had a problem

with cars. I've have certainly never needed to shout at any drivers.

Then you're cycling too slowly.
Old August 8th 18, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 09:47:18 +0100, Peter Keller
wrote:

On 07.08.2018 19:23, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 07 Aug 2018 17:58:57 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 07/08/2018 15:44, JNugent wrote:
On 07/08/2018 15:34, Bod wrote:
On 07/08/2018 15:28, JNugent wrote:
On 07/08/2018 09:20, Bod wrote:

Cyclists v drivers? They're often the same people.

Much has been written about a war between cyclists and drivers,
as if the two groups were such polar opposites that they could
never cross in a Venn diagram. But according to new research,
people who cycle the most are likely to own at least two cars.

Regular cyclists – those who cycle at least once a week – are
also disproportionately likely to read broadsheet newspapers, be
well educated, have a household income of at least £50,000 per
year and shop at Waitrose, claims the latest Mintel report,
Bicycles in the UK 2010. In addition, they are twice as likely
to be men as women.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ng-boom-survey
I just use a bike mostly because it is most convenient, I love
the fresh air and feeling of movement and exercise, and ....
Owning a car and being rich has nothing to do with it.

Of course, money is irellevant.

Is it?

So why did you mention it?

I didn't. I just showed you a report from a link, which was
basically the reporter's opinions.
That's an entertaining wriggle.

State where I mentioned money!

You quoted a foul mouthed **** faced whining little journalist.
Journalists should never ever be trusted.

That is why when I watch news programmes I concentrate on the rolling
ticker=tape at the bottom. That is just news without comment. I can do
without the comments and bloody interviews and all that.

Anybody who pays for news is contributing to the slimy little ****es. One
day soon they'll all go out of business.
Old August 8th 18, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 09:45:07 +0100, Peter Keller
wrote:

On 07.08.2018 10:20, Bod wrote:

[...]

Of course. Exactly.

I enjoy cycling in the countryside. Cycling on roads isn't enjoyable.
Old August 8th 18, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

On Sat, 04 Aug 2018 11:24:10 +0100, Bod wrote:
On 04/08/2018 10:22, Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee wrote:
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I pay road tax

No you don't.

Correct.
Vehicle tax doesn't actually pay for our roads. Not directly,
anyway.
Our vehicle tax goes into the same pot as all our other tax, and
then
that money is distributed all over the place.

It's actually our council tax that pays for our roads and our local
infrastructure.

What the government does with it is irrelevant. If I drive a car, I
pay a
LOT of tax in fuel duty and road tax/tax disk.whatever OCD people want
call it. If I were to sell my car and only cycle, I'd pay neither.

Ah, another retard who invokes the 'Medway Handyman Paradigm'. The money
goes into the pot, and some of it will probably find its way to the
roads,
so by this ****ing spastic's 'reasoning', he 'pays for the roads'.

I wonder if people who smoke cigarettes get to jump the waiting list at
the
local NHS hospital....

As I just said, it doesn't matter where the money goes, car drivers pay a
lot more tax than cyclists.

And smokers 'pay a lot more tax' than non-smokers.

It still gives you sweet **** all where 'rights' are concerned.

Will there be anything else?

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old August 8th 18, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 10:33:18 +0100, Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee
wrote:

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 04 Aug 2018 12:44:54 +0100, Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee
wrote:

By all accounts, any interaction between a cyclist and a driver will
almost inevitably have the latter bleating that the cyclist 'doesn't
pay
road tax'. That this belief is so widespread, despite 'road tax'
having
been abolished over eight decades ago, means that it is not going to go
away any time soon. The sense of entitlement of the driver is
responsible for over 1,700 deaths every year in Britain.

Teach drivers that the roads do not belong to them. Beat it out of
them. Because that is the only way things are going to change.
Drivers
have to know that if they threaten the life or physical safety of
another road user, then they are going to get seriously injured.

I can get to my destination 10 times faster than you.

Not in any urban environment you can't.

I don't live in such ********s. This is the UK, not Indian slums.

I've ridden in London. I did an eight-mile trip faster than a taxi.

I can carry 10 times as much luggage as you. I don't get all sweaty
getting there. Just because a minority **** up and kill people doesn't
automatically make all drivers bad.

And you kill ten times as many people as I do. Actually, more like eight
hundred and fifty times more.

I've never killed anyone, let alone injured them.

Of course you have. You do so everytime you turn on your engine.

Old August 8th 18, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 08/08/18 19:16, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 15:24:28 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On a bicycle, the voice can be useful because the approach behind
pedestrians or horse riders is otherwise silent. When there is
insufficient clearance to get past without having their awareness I
always slow to match their speed before announcing my presence.

Horses panic at anything, silent or not.

I have only had a horse panic when it was a face on approach. When
approaching from behind the rider needs to know.
Old August 8th 18, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 20:10:08 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 08/08/18 19:16, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 15:24:28 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On a bicycle, the voice can be useful because the approach behind
pedestrians or horse riders is otherwise silent. When there is
insufficient clearance to get past without having their awareness I
always slow to match their speed before announcing my presence.

Horses panic at anything, silent or not.

I have only had a horse panic when it was a face on approach. When
approaching from behind the rider needs to know.

A horse noticed my 3.5 litre V8 Range Rover approaching from behind. The
rider was very annoyed when I overtook in 1st gear.
Old August 8th 18, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Don't live in London then. Why would you want to live in a slum? If your
nearest neighbour is within shouting distance, you need to move further
into the countryside.

I can carry 10 times as much luggage as you. I don't get all sweaty
getting there. Just because a minority **** up and kill people
doesn't
automatically make all drivers bad.

And you kill ten times as many people as I do. Actually, more like
eight
hundred and fifty times more.

I've never killed anyone, let alone injured them.

Of course you have. You do so everytime you turn on your engine.

Oh go eat some tree bark.
Old August 8th 18, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

It gives us the right to blow it in your face you silly little pansy.

Stolen bike.... anyone want to bet on it? Anton Berlin Racing 0 December 22nd 09 08:30 PM
Shelly Olds...bike stolen, bike found, gold medal won caffetrieste Racing 20 October 14th 08 09:39 AM
Stolen bike Chris A UK 26 March 27th 07 03:01 PM
nearly stolen bike Simon Brooke UK 0 November 18th 05 11:16 PM
nearly stolen bike nobody760 UK 6 November 17th 05 09:05 AM