Trek Madone 5.9 or 5.9 SL

Old September 30th 04, 03:48 AM
Andrew Martin

Default Trek Madone 5.9 or 5.9 SL

Apart from the strangly shaped tubes, are there any structural or
strength differences between these bikes? I'm 178 and have ridden
either a 5500 or 5900 for the past couple years. Do I have anything
to worry about with the 5.9 SL? I know it's trite, but I just prefer
the cleaner look of the SL, but I want a solid ride first and
foremost.

Thanks,
-a
Old September 30th 04, 09:01 AM
Graham

"Andrew Martin" wrote in message
om...
Apart from the strangly shaped tubes, are there any structural or
strength differences between these bikes? I'm 178 and have ridden
either a 5500 or 5900 for the past couple years. Do I have anything
to worry about with the 5.9 SL? I know it's trite, but I just prefer
the cleaner look of the SL, but I want a solid ride first and
foremost.

Thanks,
-a

What 178 years old !

Graham

Old September 30th 04, 01:16 PM
JayofMontreal

Its all marketing. All Trek bikes ride the same -- ****ty.

They can't even get compact geometry right.

"Graham" wrote in message

"Andrew Martin" wrote in message
om...
Apart from the strangly shaped tubes, are there any structural or
strength differences between these bikes? I'm 178 and have ridden
either a 5500 or 5900 for the past couple years. Do I have anything
to worry about with the 5.9 SL? I know it's trite, but I just prefer
the cleaner look of the SL, but I want a solid ride first and
foremost.

Thanks,
-a

What 178 years old !