Appeal as cyclist dies in collision with transit van

Old June 3rd 20, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Appeal as cyclist dies in collision with transit van

QUOTE:
AN APPEAL has been launched after a man died in a road accident.

Police were called at around 8.10pm on Tuesday 2 to Causeway Lane in Altcar, to reports a Ford Transit Tipper had been involved in a collision with a cyclist, who it is believed was travelling in the opposite direction at the time.

Emergency services attended but sadly the cyclist, a man aged in his 50s, was pronounced dead at Aintree Hospital a short time later.

His next of kin have been made aware and are being supported by specially-trained officers at this sad time.

The road was closed until around 1.30am while investigators attended the scene.

Officers are now appealing for information about the collision and are asking anybody with information about it to get in touch with us as soon as possible.

Sgt Steve Hardman, of the Lancashire Police Tac Ops team, said: “First and foremost we send our deepest condolences to the family and friends of the man who died.

“We are now working extremely hard to piece together exactly what occurred and we would ask anybody who saw the collision, and has not yet been spoken to by police, to make contact with us as soon as possible. Similarly if you have dashcam footage showing the collision, or if you saw either of the vehicles involved in the moments before it happened, please get in touch.”

Anybody with information is asked to call us on 101, quoting log number 1405 of June 2nd.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...n-transit-van/