PN - Taking Protest Seriously

Old March 9th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default PN - Taking Protest Seriously

PN was stopped briefly by a student protest a few minutes ago

The students here take their protests seriosly

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/public.pages/pn/repeal-cpe.jpg

--
Le Vent à Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
Libérez Ingrid Betancourt, Clara Rojas et les autres
Old March 9th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"jerry in vermont" writes:

Davey Crockett wrote:
PN was stopped briefly by a student protest a few minutes ago

The students here take their protests seriosly

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/public.pages/pn/repeal-cpe.jpg

--
Le Vent à Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
Libérez Ingrid Betancourt, Clara Rojas et les autres
http://www.ingridbetancourt-idf.com/base/
Free Ernst Zundel http://www.zundelsite.org/gallery/donations/index.html
Free David Irving http://www.petitiononline.com/DavidI/petition.html

Nice to know lazy spoiled hippy "activist" college students are a
global phenomenon, and not just a US thing. God kknows vermont has a
few.

Am I correct in assuming she is trying to spell "non" with her cheeks
and mouth? That is clever, I will give her that.

That is exactly what she is spelling out

CPE, Contrat De premier Embauche, is a contoversial piece of
legislation currently being debated in the French Parliament.

Currently after a couple of weeks on a job, it is virtually impossible
to terminate an employee

The legislation proposed will enable employers to fire an employee up
to two years after hiring.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2006/fe...fran-f10.shtml

There are of course pros and cons on both sides of the argument if you
think about it, like the idle employee who dogs it and collects a
paycheque willy-nilly under the old scheme and the employer who seeks
to hire an employee demanding less wages under the proposed new scheme

Old March 9th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"jerry in vermont" writes:

Oh that crushing 30 hour work week! Without guaranteed employment, how
WILL the opressed French worker do it every day?

In actual fact, it isn't quite as simple as it might seem

Old March 9th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"jerry in vermont" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...

Davey Crockett wrote:
"jerry in vermont" writes:

Davey Crockett wrote:
[...]

Oh, the French worker will struggle on. And continue to be more productive
than US workers. I think there's a saying in French which I wonder has ever
been transalted into English. It would go something like, "Work smarter, not
harder."

"France is the second most productive country in the OECD (excluding Norway
and Luxembourg where productivity data are inflated by oil revenues in
Norway, and by investments in off-shore banks in Luxembourg). In 2003, the
GDP per hour worked in France was 47.2 USD, ranking France behind Belgium
(48 USD per hour worked), but above the United States (43.5 USD per hour
worked), Germany (40.6 USD per hour worked), the United Kingdom (37.7 USD
per hour worked), or Japan (30.9 USD per hour worked)."

Old March 9th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Davey Crockett wrote:
"jerry in vermont" writes:

Am I correct in assuming she is trying to spell "non" with her cheeks
and mouth? That is clever, I will give her that.

That is exactly what she is spelling out

Reminds me of the amazing tattooed lady. She had a W tattooed on her
left butt cheek, and another W tattooed on her right butt cheek. When
she did cartwheels, her ass flashed WOW MOM WOW.

Old March 9th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"France is the second most productive country in the OECD (excluding Norway
and Luxembourg where productivity data are inflated by oil revenues in
Norway, and by investments in off-shore banks in Luxembourg). In 2003, the
GDP per hour worked in France was 47.2 USD, ranking France behind Belgium
(48 USD per hour worked), but above the United States (43.5 USD per hour
worked), Germany (40.6 USD per hour worked), the United Kingdom (37.7 USD
per hour worked), or Japan (30.9 USD per hour worked)."

Couldn't that just mean that stuff made and sold in France is wicked
overpriced compared to the US? Most likely cause they can't fire
people and they only work 30 hours a week, so the overhead rate for the
employer/manufacturer is much higher?

My wife is German (eh hem, the Germans and the French get along,
right?) and **** there is WICKED expensive, what with 6 weeks vacation,
great pensions, the "thirteenth month" salary that is typical for
christmas bonuses, all those Catholic holidays, etc.

GDP per hour worked = Total cost of goods sold/Hours worked. People
only work 30 hours a week (so hours per capita is LOW) and stuff costs
alot.

America is the only large developed country that is so heavily
dependent on small and medium businesses and/or the self employeed. We
take our work waaay to seriously and the typical hours worked per week
is probably well over 40. I dont know anyone who isnt slaving away at
work on weekends and late nights (except for my bike racer freinds,
they are all lazy asses). My german in laws roll into work at 8 and
are home at 3. I don't even know what my father in law does, really.
They don't talk about it.

Only in America do we define ourselves so heavily by what we do for
work. And I aint saying thats a good thing!

Maybe if our schools were half as good as europe we would be able to
work smarter...

Old March 9th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"jerry in vermont" writes:

[...]

You might just find, as several european countries have, that
output/production actually increases with a shorter work week

Old March 9th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

When you're wrong, you're wrong.

Dans le message de
oups.com,
jerry in vermont a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
"France is the second most productive country in the OECD (excluding
Norway and Luxembourg where productivity data are inflated by oil
revenues in Norway, and by investments in off-shore banks in
Luxembourg). In 2003, the GDP per hour worked in France was 47.2
USD, ranking France behind Belgium (48 USD per hour worked), but
above the United States (43.5 USD per hour worked), Germany (40.6
USD per hour worked), the United Kingdom (37.7 USD per hour worked),
or Japan (30.9 USD per hour worked)."

Couldn't that just mean that stuff made and sold in France is wicked
overpriced compared to the US? Most likely cause they can't fire
people and they only work 30 hours a week, so the overhead rate for
the employer/manufacturer is much higher?

Working hours limit for large businesses is 35 actual hours, usually spent
in a period like 9-5. Sound familiar ? Smaller businesses are regulated to
39 worked hours, so more like 9-6. And very small businesses are not
limited, although after 45 hours, the pay scale changes.

My wife is German (eh hem, the Germans and the French get along,
right?) and **** there is WICKED expensive, what with 6 weeks
vacation, great pensions, the "thirteenth month" salary that is
typical for christmas bonuses, all those Catholic holidays, etc.

TVA/VAT (sales tax) ranges from 5% to 19.6%.
Vacation is nice, and depending on when you began to work for a company, you
can be elegible for around 39 work days of vacation per year.
There is no thirteenth month of salary. The annual salary is contracted,
and if the company uses the formula of thirteen payment periods, that's also
contractual. No extra payment, only what you agreed to.
Catholic holidays are hard to extinguish after over a millenium of use.
However, we just lost Pentecost Monday, with a big and temporary stir. Some
companies figured out how many additional minutes and seconds it would take
to work extra on all the other work days, and still give this holiday as a
day free from work.
We like Germans, and they like us. No problems here. We don't import
American ethnic rivalries. We have our own internal ones in each of these
countries, as do other EU nations.

GDP per hour worked = Total cost of goods sold/Hours worked. People
only work 30 hours a week (so hours per capita is LOW) and stuff costs
alot.

America is the only large developed country that is so heavily
dependent on small and medium businesses and/or the self employeed.
We take our work waaay to seriously and the typical hours worked per
week is probably well over 40. I dont know anyone who isnt slaving
away at work on weekends and late nights (except for my bike racer
freinds, they are all lazy asses). My german in laws roll into work
at 8 and are home at 3. I don't even know what my father in law
does, really. They don't talk about it.

ONLY large developed country ..... ???
The largest employment base in France is self and artisanal employment. I
recall a figure of 29%. Maybe not a fair figure, as I'm not sure they
counted the public sector employees.

--
Bonne route !

Sandy