Helmet propaganda debunked

Old April 25th 05, 06:22 PM

Default Helmet propaganda debunked

Scientific journals are finally taking a close look at bogus helmet
claims:

http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=5495

JFJ

Old April 25th 05, 06:51 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Scientific journals are finally taking a close look at bogus helmet
claims:

http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=5495

BikeBiz should probably stop citing the link to the Freemasons. They're
just trying to make helmet promotion look sinister in a Dan Brown-esque
light, and it might be perceived as childish.

(FWIW, I'm anti-compulsion and possibly anti-helmet, and I know nothing
about Freemasonry).
Old April 25th 05, 08:42 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On 25 Apr 2005 10:22:20 -0700, wrote in message
. com:

http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=5495

That's Carlton's publishing of Avery's press release about Bill
Curnow's paper as discussed up there ^^^^ last week - do KUATB ;-)

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old April 25th 05, 09:21 PM
Mark McNeill

Response to :

http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=5495

"...erroneous death stats provided by the Bicycle Helmet Initiative
Trust, a political lobbying organisation funded by the Freemasons."

A most serious subject, I know, but it *still* sounds to me like a
follow-up to "The Da Vinci Code"...

___
....As they crossed the Member's Lobby, the marvellous architecture of the
Victorian masterpiece - designed by Charles Barry and Augustus Pugin -
cast deep shadows over Eric's hawklike profile. Even though he trusted
Angela implicitly, he could hardly believe what he was hearing.

"...but Angela, you don't mean that cyclists are dying of head injuries
in their *thousands* every day, and a shadowy but essentially benign
organisation is trying desperately to stem the appalling tide of misery
which is caused by the failure of cyclists to take the most basic
precautions, as depicted in the secretly-removed addendum to Leonardo's
alleged drawing of a bicycle, not to mention the cut scenes from Jacques
Tati's "Jour de Fete?"

Angela tossed her girlish head in affectionate irritation, and said:

"Well, that's the exposition over with. You're right, Eric, and they're
relying on *us* to try to defuse the timebomb of, er, cyclists being
knocked off, before the entire cycling population of the country dies by
being run over by a truck, which a simple badly-fitted helmet could have
prevented. We need to find the Sacred Bell Helmet Of Belleville before
the fiendish BHRF send their crack team of rebuttal agents after us -
they've already got poor Coulthard!"

Eric stopped in his tracks. Something was wrong. Seriously wrong.

"Coulthard? But he always wore a helmet - how could he have been in
danger?"

"He forgot it. He was photographed twenty-seven times without one."

Twenty-seven times? With a flash of inspiration Eric realised that
that was the *exact* number of gears on Coulthard's bicycle. What did
that mean, he wondered? Coincidence? Or could it be that the whole
affair was more complex than he had thought? No, he decided, that was
obviously impossible - he and Angela were far too intelligent to have
made such a blunder.

He would find out only too soon that he couldn't have been more wrong.

[Excerpted without permission from Dan Brown's "The Snell Affair" -
coming soon to an Early Day Motion near you!]

--
Mark, UK, with too much time on his hands.

"Sir, Sunday morning, although recurring at regular and well foreseen
intervals, always seems to take this railway by surprise."
Old April 25th 05, 09:43 PM
Peter B

"Mark McNeill" wrote in message
A most serious subject, I know, but it *still* sounds to me like a
follow-up to "The Da Vinci Code"...

Nice one :-)

Pete

Old April 26th 05, 12:02 AM
Jon Senior

Mark McNeill wrote:
Response to :

http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=5495

"...erroneous death stats provided by the Bicycle Helmet Initiative
Trust, a political lobbying organisation funded by the Freemasons."

A most serious subject, I know, but it *still* sounds to me like a
follow-up to "The Da Vinci Code"...

Pure genius... which is more than can be said for the original. Well
done that man!

Jon
Old April 26th 05, 08:24 AM
Tony Raven

Mark McNeill wrote:

A most serious subject, I know, but it *still* sounds to me like a
follow-up to "The Da Vinci Code"...

Excellent! I think it deserves a place of honour on one of the anti-Fat
Eric websites.

Tony
Old April 26th 05, 08:30 AM
Graeme

Zog The Undeniable wrote in news:426d2d26.0@entanet:

(FWIW, I'm anti-compulsion and possibly anti-helmet, and I know nothing
about Freemasonry).

So why are you standing with one trouser leg rolled up and your left breast
bared?

Old April 26th 05, 09:02 AM
Tony Raven

Graeme wrote:
Zog The Undeniable wrote in news:426d2d26.0@entanet:

(FWIW, I'm anti-compulsion and possibly anti-helmet, and I know nothing
about Freemasonry).

So why are you standing with one trouser leg rolled up and your left breast
bared?

One trouser leg rolled up = cyclist who's forgotten their trouser clips.
Left breast bared = one of those long zip cycle tops ;-)

Next?

Tony
Old April 26th 05, 09:14 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:21:38 +0100, Mark McNeill
wrote:

[Excerpted without permission from Dan Brown's "The Snell Affair" -
coming soon to an Early Day Motion near you!]

Genius :-)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound