RR: Table Rock Squared, Q & T (Link to Pics)

Old September 15th 04, 05:00 AM
Paladin

Default RR: Table Rock Squared, Q & T (Link to Pics)

Well, I found some new trails on the east end of the valley, and it
was just too much fun. What a *Beeyootifull* evening. Some absurdly
technical riding, insane descents, and narrow, exposed singletrack.
What a feast. Here's a couple pictures from this great adventure.

(Figured I'd ride in honor of Rich Touart, since he's probably
hunkered in a basement covering his ears--or not). But in any case,
here it is:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...f97f& t=48268

Paladin
Old September 15th 04, 04:54 PM
Mike Kennedy

This is a great ride with some terrific views. I recall following one of
my riding buddies down one of the "insane descents"; he was on his brand new
Trek Y Bike and this thing had V-brakes. No one in our little group had
ridden with V-brakes before so we were all oblivious to how well they could
stop. Anyway, I got to watch this guy face plant into some mean rocks; lots
of blood and an ugly wound or two but no broken bones. His was uglier than
usual though First thing he says when he regains his wits is "damn those
brakes really work!, you should all get some".

Mike

om...

Old September 15th 04, 05:41 PM
Paladin

"Mike Kennedy" wrote in message
This is a great ride with some terrific views. I recall following one

of
my riding buddies down one of the "insane descents"; he was on his brand

new
Trek Y Bike and this thing had V-brakes. No one in our little group had
ridden with V-brakes before so we were all oblivious to how well they

could
stop. Anyway, I got to watch this guy face plant into some mean rocks;

lots
of blood and an ugly wound or two but no broken bones. His was uglier than
usual though First thing he says when he regains his wits is "damn those
brakes really work!, you should all get some".

Mike

This was about as steep as I was happy with, especially with the exposure of
a 200' drop to the left in places. But I found my rear IRC Mythos locking
up more often than my 2.4 Motoraptor on the front, and all my weight was on
the back! Amazing front tire. Probably saved my life a couple times by not
locking up and skidding out of control.

I'm still jacked after that ride, I feel like a fat kid who's found a free
donut shop. I'm goin back. Soon. But after climbing TR twice, and all the
other goods on that ride, my legs need a rest, today.

But, again, very good stuff.

paladin

Old September 15th 04, 07:36 PM
Chris Brown

supabonbon Wrote:
(Paladin) wrote in message
. com...
Well, I found some new trails on the east end of the valley, and it
was just too much fun. What a *Beeyootifull* evening. Some

absurdly
technical riding, insane descents, and narrow, exposed singletrack.
What a feast. Here's a couple pictures from this great adventure.

(Figured I'd ride in honor of Rich Touart, since he's probably
hunkered in a basement covering his ears--or not). But in any case,
here it is:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=48268

Paladin

Wow. That sandy off-camber singletrack looks like a tight clench.
Either that, or that jeep road is bordered by 60 foot tall trees that
look just like grass.

/s

Trick photography, of course.

And it was like that for about 2 miles. At one point, there's this big
overhanging or jutting boulder at shoulder height that forces you to
ride the edge, *and lean out over it* to clean the piece. Guess I was
too drugged up to stop and walk it.

paladin

--
Chris Brown

Old September 16th 04, 02:12 AM
JD

(Paladin) wrote in message . com...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...f97f& t=48268

Nice pics, CDB.

JD
Old September 16th 04, 03:16 PM
Jimbo(san)

Paladin Wrote:
Well, I found some new trails on the east end of the valley, and it
was just too much fun. What a *Beeyootifull* evening. Some absurdly
technical riding, insane descents, and narrow, exposed singletrack.
What a feast. Here's a couple pictures from this great adventure.

(Figured I'd ride in honor of Rich Touart, since he's probably
hunkered in a basement covering his ears--or not). But in any case,
here it is:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=48268

Paladin

Awesome!