Where's a good bike shop in southeast (US)?

Old November 13th 04, 12:42 PM
CR

Default Where's a good bike shop in southeast (US)?

I've decided to get a recumbent, probably a SWB but I want to test as
many as possible. I live in Huntsville, AL and would like to find a
good bike shop where I can take test rides. Also I have a Gary Fisher
MTB that I want to trade in if possible. A Florida location would be
ideal, I can go there for Thanksgiving.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Chuck.
Old November 13th 04, 09:00 PM
Rod Kuehl

Chuck..you may want to consider going to the Tampa area them. Between
PowerOnCycling, Hampton's Edge and Bicycle Outfitters there's got to be
something you like.

POC is my personal favorite. Mark is an awesome guy and really knows his
stuff.

Rod Kuehl
Strada
Riverview, FL
om...

Old November 14th 04, 12:44 PM
john riley

(CR) wrote in message . com...
I've decided to get a recumbent, probably a SWB but I want to test as
many as possible. I live in Huntsville, AL and would like to find a
good bike shop where I can take test rides. Also I have a Gary Fisher
MTB that I want to trade in if possible. A Florida location would be
ideal, I can go there for Thanksgiving.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Chuck.

Click on the State of your choice for dealers. Check first, some of
them might not have much inventory, especially this time of year.

http://www.ransbikes.com/Bikedealers.htm

There are two listed in Birmingham, and one in Signal Mtn TN.

But I agree about Bicycle Outfitters on the FL west coast and Atlantic
Bicycles on the east coast. Hamptons Edge is also good, but mostly
open on weekends and possibly not on big holiday. Don't know of anyone
on "The Riviera" now that Fools Crow has closed.
Old November 14th 04, 05:03 PM
CR

"Rod Kuehl" wrote in message thlink.net...

Chuck..you may want to consider going to the Tampa area them. Between
PowerOnCycling, Hampton's Edge and Bicycle Outfitters there's got to be
something you like.

POC is my personal favorite. Mark is an awesome guy and really knows his
stuff.

Thanks! Bicycle Outfitters was the best place I found on the internet.
Old November 22nd 04, 06:09 AM
The Hamiltons

Chuck: Best wishes on find the 'bent for you. There are a number of us in
Huntsville who ride bent, and are always willing to widen the circle. We
try to do the Aldridge Creek Greenway most non-raining Sunday afternoons
about 3:30 (non daylight savings time) and 4 ish during DST. I know its a
short ride only 6 miles one way, but extensions to it are 1) in work, and 2)
finished. For greater distance, some ride from home to the Greenway & back,
or do it multiple loops. There is hope to make Alabama bike friendly, it
will just take a while ;-). Of the 'bent riders I know there are two SWB,
several trikes, a number of LWB, a few USS, and one velomobile.

Huntsville in within easy reach of several nice rides, and places to ride,
CRAM, the Clarksville, TN Annual Metric, The Chief Ladiga Rails to Trails,
which meets up with Georgia's Silver Comet, and the Nachez Trace, to name a
few.

Easy Chair recumbents at Signal Mountain, TN, Easy Wheels at Winchester, TN,
Tandems Limited & Cahaba Cycles in B'ham, AL, and the Outdoor Omnibus in
Huntsville has several bents, all from Sun. I'm not sure about Madison
Cycle (in Madison, AL), I think I heard they have a Sun tandem bent.

AlaBike (our state wide advocacy group) is alive & well and working for
cyclists, check us out at AlaBike.org.

Spring City Cycle Club is basically for DFs, & they sponsor weekly rides all
year long, plus some centuries. Good folks if you are club oriented (I'm
not). They do allow 'bents, however.

BAMA is our state cycle tour ride, now sneaking up on its 11th year, held
June 5-11 (I think). The ride for 2005 will be about 400 miles over a week,
around the Mobile area. Consider joining us!

All three groups are planning to ride in the 4 Dec. Huntsville Christmas
parade at noon, consider joining us!--george

--
The Hamiltons
707 Randolph Ave.
"john riley" wrote in message
om...
(CR) wrote in message

. com...
[...]

Looking for a good bike shop in Montreal Daniel Crispin General 4 June 13th 04 12:12 AM
Convert Hybrid to Touring bike Willy Smallboy Techniques 23 March 26th 04 01:03 PM
Canadian Tire bike: Super Cycle Gravity cam Mountain Biking 15 March 22nd 04 08:11 AM
aus.bicycle FAQ kingsley Australia 4 December 14th 03 11:08 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM