Good Bike Shop in GWU area of DC?

Old August 7th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Camilo

Default Good Bike Shop in GWU area of DC?

Hi:

I need a recommendation for a friendly, competent, service oriented
bike shop in the George Washington University area of DC. My daughter
is a student there and I need a place to ship her bicycle (if we
decide to do it). This doesn't need to be a big bike shop in terms of
retail selection, just one that would be a good place to get her bike
shipped to and assembled. Then, I'd also guess that she'd use shop for
basic maintenance, tires, accessories etc. She's not a hard core
rider, so the mechanical/service aspect is more important than
availabilty of obscure and expensive high end parts.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Old August 8th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dccyclist

The closest bike shops, I believe, are in Georgetown, about a mile
away. My favorite is Revolution Bikes on M Street. I have bought two
bikes from the company's Arlington branch, and I have had good service
done at the D.C. location. The President also has work done at this
shop and rides with the owner.
Mike Doan

On Aug 7, 6:26 pm, Camilo wrote:
Hi:

I need a recommendation for a friendly, competent, service oriented
bike shop in the George Washington University area of DC. My daughter
is a student there and I need a place to ship her bicycle (if we
decide to do it). This doesn't need to be a big bike shop in terms of
retail selection, just one that would be a good place to get her bike
shipped to and assembled. Then, I'd also guess that she'd use shop for
basic maintenance, tires, accessories etc. She's not a hard core
rider, so the mechanical/service aspect is more important than
availabilty of obscure and expensive high end parts.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

good bike shop in los angeles area? Her Subj. General 1 September 15th 05 03:54 PM
Bike shop reccomendation for Raleigh/Durham area? Raleigh rider in CH General 2 June 30th 05 09:46 PM
Bike shop in South East Wales/Bristol area -= UK 5 May 21st 05 01:56 AM
Good bike shop Dr Darth UK 22 August 21st 04 12:59 PM
good bike shop..?? Froats General 0 July 16th 03 11:58 PM