National Masters Champs

Old March 29th 07, 12:48 PM posted to aus.bicycle
adam85

Default National Masters Champs

Hey warrwych! How'd you go? My clubmate won 3 gold and 1 silver in Mens
Masters 6! Not a bad haul hey?

Anyone else from here race?

Adam

Old March 30th 07, 01:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Boostland

"adam85" wrote in message
Hey warrwych! How'd you go? My clubmate won 3 gold and 1 silver in Mens
Masters 6! Not a bad haul hey?

Anyone else from here race?

Adam

I have a few friends and guys I race with doing quite well at the masters
nats.

Steve Darracott 1st Masters 5 2000m pursuit 2m 23.7 (Australian
Allcomers record)
Dennis Blunden 1st Masters 9 2000m pursuit
Brian Radcliffe 3rd Masters 6 2000m pursuit 2m 32

Dennis runs the local track racing events here in Newcastle and trains a
heap of youngsters (me included as I am only MMAS2) on the velodrome.

Steve Darracott 3rd Masters 5 Sprint
Steve Darracott 3rd Masters 5 500m TT
Steve Darracott 3rd Masters 5 Pointscore
Brian Radcliffe 3rd Masters 6 Scratch race
Dennis Blunden 2nd Masters 9 Scratch race

I race against Brian on the road and track (during track season) nearly
every week and find him always in contention for the race, and I race
against Steve on the road at the Vets races and am yet to beat him, I was
close on one occasion but he swung over onto my front wheel and I came down
in the final sprint.

Old March 30th 07, 02:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
JayWoo[_5_]

adam85 Wrote:

Anyone else from here race?

Adam

Not the Track, but I'm down to do the RR on Sunday, If work doesn't get
in the way

--
JayWoo

Old April 2nd 07, 12:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
warrwych[_19_]

adam85 Wrote:
Hey warrwych! How'd you go? My clubmate won 3 gold and 1 silver in Mens
Masters 6! Not a bad haul hey?

Anyone else from here race?

Adam

hehe hey Adam! 5th in the IP on a pb but disappointed in my time - was
going for 4 seconds faster. Not sure what happened, just one of those
rides. 4th in the TT on a pb - stoked with that one, and 5th in the
scratch with some hairy racing and tactics. Was in the bunch until the
bell lap, where I just didn't have the legs when the 2 speed queens hit
the accelerator and was off the back by 15 m into the final home
straight over the finish line.

overall I am pretty happy with how I went, as I wasn't expecting to
medal (not this year).

There was some awesome racing, and anyone who says masters racing is a
cheesecake walk should come and do some walking then.

--
warrwych

Old April 2nd 07, 03:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
adam85[_8_]

warrwych Wrote:
hehe hey Adam! 5th in the IP on a pb but disappointed in my time - was
going for 4 seconds faster. Not sure what happened, just one of those
rides. 4th in the TT on a pb - stoked with that one, and 5th in the
scratch with some hairy racing and tactics. Was in the bunch until the
bell lap, where I just didn't have the legs when the 2 speed queens hit
the accelerator and was off the back by 15 m into the final home
straight over the finish line.

overall I am pretty happy with how I went, as I wasn't expecting to
medal (not this year).

There was some awesome racing, and anyone who says masters racing is a
cheesecake walk should come and do some walking then.

Beauty, well done. You can't do much better than a pb! Thanks for the
report, looks like some very strong competition there. I'll try and
make it next year.

--
adam85

Old April 2nd 07, 03:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
warrwych[_20_]

adam85 Wrote:
Beauty, well done. You can't do much better than a pb! Thanks for the
report, looks like some very strong competition there. I'll try and
make it next year.

There was some awesome competition. Poor Stuart Vaughan's excellent TT
ride was thoroughly overshadowed by that other bloke on the track who
cracked a new world best time for the 750m TT. Fantastic to watch.

Ron Boyle blistered up the track, Steve Sansonetti did the same. Mas 4
point score was incredible with the winner (Taylor?? Peter Taylor??
apologies for the mind blank) lapping the field several times, and
Clint McDonnell taking a serious punt on himself and earning his money
back with interest for a silver. Tanya Bosch was seriously inspiring
having returned to track after being seriously unwell 6 mths or so ago,
medalling to boot.

--
warrwych

Old April 2nd 07, 11:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle
adam85

"warrwych" wrote in message

adam85 Wrote:
Beauty, well done. You can't do much better than a pb! Thanks for the
report, looks like some very strong competition there. I'll try and
make it next year.

There was some awesome competition. Poor Stuart Vaughan's excellent TT
ride was thoroughly overshadowed by that other bloke on the track who
cracked a new world best time for the 750m TT. Fantastic to watch.

Ron Boyle blistered up the track, Steve Sansonetti did the same. Mas 4
point score was incredible with the winner (Taylor?? Peter Taylor??
apologies for the mind blank) lapping the field several times, and
Clint McDonnell taking a serious punt on himself and earning his money
back with interest for a silver. Tanya Bosch was seriously inspiring
having returned to track after being seriously unwell 6 mths or so ago,
medalling to boot.

That would be Craig Taylor, I have to race against him in Masters up
here...a great rider. And Ron Boyle flies doesn't he! Must be good genetics
in that family, you probably know Ron cycled in the Olympics in 76 and I'm
sure you remember his sister Raelene. And I have read about the Kings in a
few mags.

Adam