We may have it bad here

Old January 27th 08, 04:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

Default We may have it bad here

But we don't have this happening:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/arti...157719503.html

--
TimC
Old January 27th 08, 06:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
AndrewJ

On Jan 27, 3:55 pm, TimC -
astro.swin.edu.au wrote:
But we don't have this happening:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/arti...157719503.html

--
TimC

It's yet another reason that you need insurance. When you are trashed
by that Mercedes
you need to pay the damages.

Old January 27th 08, 10:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Harry 'Snapper' Organ

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 15:55:29 +1100, TimC
wrote in
aus.bicycle:

But we don't have this happening:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/arti...157719503.html

Ha Ha I don't like to disillusion you but that has happened here, the
last time I can recall it was an insurance company suing a seriously
innjured pedestrian who was hit by a car for the damage caused to that
car.

The innsurance companny claimed the pedestrian was at fault because
(s)he was not walking toward on coming traffic on a road without a
footpath. I think it was in the northern suburbs of Wollongong.

Regards
Harold

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum - Lucretius
Old January 28th 08, 09:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Nick Payne

"TimC" wrote in message
But we don't have this happening:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/arti...157719503.html

A friend in Sydney rode into the back of a Volvo and it cost him $600 for
repairs to the car. That was over 20 years ago. Adjust for inflation...

Old January 28th 08, 11:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2008-01-28, Nick Payne (aka Bruce)
"TimC" wrote in message
But we don't have this happening:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/arti...157719503.html

A friend in Sydney rode into the back of a Volvo and it cost him $600 for
repairs to the car. That was over 20 years ago. Adjust for inflation...

We're not really talking about someone riding into a car here though,
are we?

--
TimC
Ride by the freeway
Old January 28th 08, 09:13 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

On 2008-01-28, Nick Payne wrote
"TimC wrote

But we don't have this happening:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/arti...157719503.html

A friend in Sydney rode into the back of a Volvo and it cost him
$600 for repairs to the car. That was over 20 years ago. Adjust for
inflation...

We're not really talking about someone riding into a car here though,
are we?

Iriondo was not wearing reflective clothing or a helmet. As the sun had set
when he crossed the path of Delgado's car from a side road, a regional court
found both parties at fault and closed the case.

We aren't?? Iriondo came out of a side road onto a main road. He had made no
attempt to make himself visible. I don't know what the rules are for
reflectors in Spain, but here his bike would have not been legal. The court
said both parties were to blame. So what's wrong with both parties trying to
claim damages?

Theo