Forward notice - 6th Unaugural - 3 May 2008

Old December 19th 07, 11:35 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Aeek

Default Forward notice - 6th Unaugural - 3 May 2008

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 02:54:36 -0800 (PST), BT Humble
wrote:

Theo Bekkers wrote:
I'm afraid I'll be the first to pike, again.

Theo

Oh well. Maybe you'll have some time to yourself when you reture? ;-)

Theo: you'll cross the country for something as trivial as the MotoGP,
yet pike at the Unaugaral. Something fishy there.
Bet you could carry a bicycle on the Norge.

BTH: hope I'm not the last to pike this time. Got room for Bean's gear
on your truck? A TCR is not a loaded tourer.
Old December 19th 07, 10:01 PM posted to aus.motorcycles, aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Aeek wrote:
Theo: you'll cross the country for something as trivial as the MotoGP,
yet pike at the Unaugaral. Something fishy there.
Bet you could carry a bicycle on the Norge.

BTH: hope I'm not the last to pike this time. Got room for Bean's gear
on your truck? A TCR is not a loaded tourer.

Well yes I *do*, but I'd prefer to think that Bean is enough of a
Rugged Individualist to borrow Aaargh and carry his own gear. ;-)

And why are you piking, anyway?

BTH

Old December 20th 07, 12:00 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Aeek

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:01:29 -0800 (PST), BT Humble
wrote:

And why are you piking, anyway?

I'm not, translation error.
Old January 18th 08, 08:15 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
zipper

"BT Humble" wrote in message
The date will be May 3, 2008. Please mark your calendars.

Given the number of aus.motorcycles people who have colonised
aus.bicycle (Zebee, Theo, Me, Lemmiwinks, Tex, Moike, Tim +anyone else
I've
forgotten), and the fact that I've done about the same number of km
aboard a bicycle this year as on a motorcycle, it seems only fair to
invite the aus.bicycle people along
as well.

In short, the Unaugural is an annual gathering of aus.moto people in a
paddock on my farmlet near Tarago, NSW. Weather permitting, we have a
bonfire of sufficient size to provide a reasonable simulation of
Armageddon. There is overnight camping, awards for various
achievements (such as longest distance travelled to attend), and much
drinking of alcohol and telling of lies.

Think of it as the best parts of fishing, once one gets rid of all the
useless folderol of lines, hooks, boats, bait and water. (And fish).

Here are some photos from the most recent event (the 5th Unaugural),
in May 2007:

http://www.smallsolar.org/BTH/unaugural2007/
http://hok.smugmug.com/gallery/2806294#149827229
http://Peter-T.smugmug.com

There's even a FAQ, he
http://tinyurl.com/2mlbzo

Hoping to see some familiar faces, and some new ones, in 2008!

BTH

Just looked on Google Earth, it appears it might have been taken after the
2006 Unaugural. I'm sure I can see the mower crop circles and the mowed
patch for the tents! Can definitely see the path to the dunny.

Old February 3rd 08, 10:54 PM posted to aus.motorcycles, aus.bicycle
BT Humble

zipper wrote:
Just looked on Google Earth, it appears it might have been taken after the
2006 Unaugural. I'm sure I can see the mower crop circles and the mowed
patch for the tents! Can definitely see the path to the dunny.

Weren't we in the shed for the 2006 Unaugural? Or was that 2005?

Clearly my mind is going...

BTH

Old February 4th 08, 09:35 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
zipper

"BT Humble" wrote in message
zipper wrote:
Just looked on Google Earth, it appears it might have been taken after
the
2006 Unaugural. I'm sure I can see the mower crop circles and the mowed
patch for the tents! Can definitely see the path to the dunny.

Weren't we in the shed for the 2006 Unaugural? Or was that 2005?

Clearly my mind is going...

BTH

In the shed, but the crop circles still happened!! And I made many a trip to
the dunny.