Pointless anti-cyclist Age Poll to vote in...

Old March 31st 07, 12:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

Default Pointless anti-cyclist Age Poll to vote in...

Peter wrote:
Pauline is r#nning for the Senate again, so there's always the chance
that we could get media initiated referenda as a trade off for support
for some essential legislation, like privatising Australia Post.

I see she has already started with classic quotes. Saw in the paper
yesterday that she thinks the Koran following Muslims are no good but
the Christian Muslims are ok. WTF?

I think if she put in some effort she could challenge George Dubya for
classics.

DaveB
Old March 31st 07, 02:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Mar 31, 9:48 am, DaveB wrote:
Peter wrote:
Pauline is r#nning for the Senate again, so there's always the chance
that we could get media initiated referenda as a trade off for support
for some essential legislation, like privatising Australia Post.

I see she has already started with classic quotes. Saw in the paper
yesterday that she thinks the Koran following Muslims are no good but
the Christian Muslims are ok. WTF?

I think if she put in some effort she could challenge George Dubya for
classics.

DaveB

Pauline was quoted in the paper yesterday as saying she always knew
David Oldfield was lying when he said they had a sexual relationship.
I suppose she would have, or not????

Donga

Old March 31st 07, 02:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_98_]

Donga Wrote:

Pauline was quoted in the paper yesterday as saying she always knew
David Oldfield was lying when he said they had a se ...

STOP IT! STOP IT NOW! FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY WE DON'T NEED TO KNOW
THIS INFORMATION!!!!!!!

**sticks fingers in ears**

lalalalalalalalalalalalallaaaaaa

--
cfsmtb

Old March 31st 07, 03:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-03-31, Donga (aka Bruce)
On Mar 31, 9:48 am, DaveB wrote:
Peter wrote:
Pauline is r#nning for the Senate again, so there's always the chance
that we could get media initiated referenda as a trade off for support
for some essential legislation, like privatising Australia Post.

I see she has already started with classic quotes. Saw in the paper
yesterday that she thinks the Koran following Muslims are no good but
the Christian Muslims are ok. WTF?

Didn't she also say something about Islam being OK, but not Muslims?

I don't know -- I can't keep up with her.

I think if she put in some effort she could challenge George Dubya for
classics.

Pauline was quoted in the paper yesterday as saying she always knew
David Oldfield was lying when he said they had a sexual relationship.
I suppose she would have, or not????

You mispelled David Oldfella

--
TimC
pivot_root manpage: BUGS:
Old March 31st 07, 09:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter Signorini

"Donga" wrote:

Pauline was quoted in the paper yesterday as saying she always knew
David Oldfield was lying when he said they had a sexual relationship.
I suppose she would have, or not????

'Course she knew he was lying, he was stretched out on the bed after all!
:-)

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old March 31st 07, 10:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter Signorini

On 2007-03-31, Donga (aka Bruce)
On Mar 31, 9:48 am, DaveB wrote:

I see she has already started with classic quotes. Saw in the paper
yesterday that she thinks the Koran following Muslims are no good but
the Christian Muslims are ok. WTF?

Didn't she also say something about Islam being OK, but not Muslims?

I don't know -- I can't keep up with her.

I've read 'The Wit and Wisdom of Pauline Hanson' - a most thought provoking
tome :-)

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old March 31st 07, 01:12 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Friday

On 2007-03-30, DeF (aka Bruce)
Peter wrote:
Travis wrote:
On Mar 30, 10:14 am, (Peter) wrote:

Why is it that people blame high tech gadgets like the internet or
toasters for all the ills of the world? We all saw the results of the
over consumption of H20 on the news last month. Ban water!
http://www.dhmo.org/
What's all this dihydrogen monoxide stuff got to do with water?

Irony?

Yes. You add iron to dihydrogen monoxide to get water.

Doesn't it make it taste ironic?

Friday
Old March 31st 07, 01:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Friday

Peter Signorini wrote:
"TimC" wrote:

I've read 'The Wit and Wisdom of Pauline Hanson' - a most thought provoking
tome :-)

The Wit and Wisdom of Pauline Hanson?
That's the mother of all oxymorons.

Friday
Old March 31st 07, 01:34 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter Signorini

"Friday" wrote:
Peter Signorini wrote:

I've read 'The Wit and Wisdom of Pauline Hanson' - a most thought
provoking tome :-)

The Wit and Wisdom of Pauline Hanson?
That's the mother of all oxymorons.

Eggzactly!!!

'Twas a book of about 200 blank pages :-)

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old April 1st 07, 07:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle
RoadCyclist

"Shabby" wrote in message

http://poll.f2.com.au/current.mpl?site=theage

Yes, ban all cyclists together.... and cars, they kill pedestrians...
and trains while we're at it... and trams too..

--
Shabby

in one of the famous episodes of "Yes, Minister!", Humphrey Appleby said
that you can always get the answer you want if you phrase your question
correctly. And so, there is The Age poll. Aimed at the average (i.e. IQ of
slightly above the house plant) car driving Oz-tralian. You see them every
day, the type of "get the F out of my way, moron, it is my F-n road!"

BTW breathing (carbon dioxide?) is bad for the planet so let's ban that too.
It contributes to global warming you know! Let's suggest it as a poll to the
Age. They are stupid enough to poll anything. Not that they are alone.
Herald-Sun is not far behind (in front?).

As far as I am concerned - cars kill 1200+ Australians per year (each
year!), put about 4000 in hospitals each year, many of those will be
disabled for years or even for life. Then we add the global warming impact
of cars and a massive cost to the economy (foreign trade deficit) - as we
all know where the oil needs to be imported from. Here is another poll - ban
cars!

The stupidity knows no bounds - take the horror crash in the Melbourne
tunnel. All the soul searching - what is wrong with the tunnel? Should we
ban trucks? Should we ban cars? Perhaps it was the Hell Ride's fault? The
morons never saw the obvious answer - it was the Australian drivers who
caused the horror smash. A moron or two who caused the whole mess. Simple.
How about banning those from driving? NO, wait, politically incorrect.
Right? Right.

Off the soap box. Back on the bike.