BR tomozza

Old March 31st 07, 03:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
blah

Default BR tomozza

Well, I'll be there. Anyone else?

Old March 31st 07, 04:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
flyingdutch[_28_]

Aye!

--
flyingdutch

Old March 31st 07, 04:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

blah wrote:
Well, I'll be there. Anyone else?

Doubtful, late night coming up I suspect. Don't forget Paris-Nice at 11am.

DaveB
Old March 31st 07, 05:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
roshea[_21_]

blah Wrote:
Well, I'll be there. Anyone else?Sadly (for me), no - I'll be freezing my bits off in Woodend (110 km MAD

ride). I thought you were going there too FD?

--
roshea

Old March 31st 07, 10:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter Signorini

"roshea" wrote:

Sadly (for me), no - I'll be freezing my bits off in Woodend (110 km MAD
ride).

Don't worry yourself - but don't start too early. I was up there today
putting the MTB route signs out. Started out cool with a southerly wind, but
the sky cleared to a beeaauutiful day. Warm sun but not too hot for riding.
You'll love it!

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old March 31st 07, 10:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
roshea[_22_]

Peter Signorini Wrote:
Don't worry yourself - but don't start too early. I was up there today
putting the MTB route signs out. Started out cool with a southerly
wind, but
the sky cleared to a beeaauutiful day. Warm sun but not too hot for
riding.
You'll love it!Thanks Peter. Forecast says 9 - 20, which is warmer than I was expecting

for the start.

--
roshea

Old March 31st 07, 12:27 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Gags

"blah" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well, I'll be there. Anyone else?

I should be out.....might even get keen enough to do Kinglake as I have an
extended leave pass for the day......guess I will see how I feel by then.
If I don't do Kinglake then I will at least ride the Blvd for only the
second time on a BR.

Gags

Old March 31st 07, 11:54 PM posted to aus.bicycle
flyingdutch[_30_]

flyingdutch Wrote:
Aye!

crap. 3 punctures up Doncaster Hill, (i 'only' carry 2 tubes)
so just gots home and finished brekky.
finally found the cause of my woes. It looks like a bit of filing or
summit, cleverly hidden in rear tyre

--
flyingdutch

Old March 31st 07, 11:58 PM posted to aus.bicycle
flyingdutch[_31_]

roshea Wrote:
Sadly (for me), no - I'll be freezing my bits off in Woodend (110 km MAD
ride). I thought you were going there too FD?

couldn't get leave pass for whole day

and then when i started thinking about it, $ to ride a road i can any
day for nix, and not even a particularly interesting one didn't
appeal.
mtb course perhaps in future, altho my shoulder might have somethig to
say about that
was intending to more to do the ride with werk colleagues, as the roady
bug seems to have bitten deep amongst the goirls in the office.

--
flyingdutch

Old April 1st 07, 02:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
blah

On Apr 1, 8:54 am, flyingdutch flyingdutch.2oc...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
flyingdutch Wrote:

Aye!

crap. 3 punctures up Doncaster Hill, (i 'only' carry 2 tubes)
so just gots home and finished brekky.
finally found the cause of my woes. It looks like a bit of filing or
summit, cleverly hidden in rear tyre

Solo ride today. Nobody at the start so I left at about 7.35 and found
dry roads from Old Warrandyte Rd (nice change from the very wet roads
on the way to the start). Just took it very easy today on the way to a
nice indoor coffee and muffin after definitely not doing Clinton's Rd.
Decided to just reverse the route from the coffee stop to home. It it
truly amazing just how false flat the road from Kangaroo Ground to the
coffee shop is. On the way there I was convinced my brake was rubbing
- way back I was flying along at 35-40 with no real effort.
Way down the climb trial I encountered the only novel wildlife. I felt
a twig or something go into a helmet vent. rummaged around and pulled
out a wasp! Only freaked out a little as I threw it away. I think it
had been stunned, luckily.
Gee the big downhill is a big uphill in reverse. I'd rather Burgundy
Street any day.
Rolled home from there, getting more and more knackered as I went.
89kay on the clock, very low average, but glad I went out.
Even more glad there's pasta cooking as I speak. Yum.