At what point should seniors say goodbye to the Rat Race?

Old August 27th 11, 05:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Default At what point should seniors say goodbye to the Rat Race?

(I could say "I won't share my wisdom with the selfish bicycle people." But we, wise men, are above such petty concerns. Yes, you can benefit too!)

My GF, 59, says "bye," but at what point most people realize it's not worth it to go on and on, spinning the wheel so to speak? She owned some properties and some are gone and others are half gone. Now she has embraced the Beach Cruiser Philosophy that basically teaches to enjoy bicycles and kayaks as the ultimate vehicles to enjoy nature and the world at large. This world is not exactly ready for us but we do our best to find new paths and escape the winding, grinding race.

This is one of my best kept secrets, but all you need to have a good day in the great outdoors is a bag of homemade popcorn. Make sure is air popped to enjoy the health benefits of it. 5 cents a serving for two... Next comes the best idea since Buddha sat under a tree. You need a hammock. Then your problems will totally melt away, and you wonder what's the purpose of life. "THE PURPOSE OF LIFE IS TO HAVE FUN AND LEAVE THE WORLD BETTER THAN HOW YOU FOUND IT," I say.

Is it?

Old August 28th 11, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

We put this introduction at "alt.autos.lexus":

(We own an older Lexus... What's wise about them? Not much, they don't break down but are very boring and pollute the planet. Welcome to the Beach Cruiser Philosophy)

The decision between a Lexus and a nice regal bike is so easy:

http://www.sageandsimple.com/2010/04...a-classic.html

The sage chooses the bike and leaves the cars behind. Dress sharply and let be world be stunned. Convertible is a plus. You spend your "monthly payments" toward the Lexus in cafes and boulevards.

The real wisdom is that nice girls NEVER become part of the rat race!
Old August 28th 11, 04:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

When you think about it, THE RAT RACE IS FOR RATS!

Just this morning I was crossing the street and this rat cut me off! I'd imagine seniors would feel intimidated to go out. Actually they should feel intimidated by cyclists on sidewalks too!

I don't get intimidated, I get depressed. The vehicle had three lanes to turn into and he chooses to invade my LIVING SPACE and then said something. Other similar incidents had happened to me at the same light, and one insulted me! "Rats, rats, rats," I say. Where are they going with that race?

Oh they make life miserable for old and wise people.

The Race has started and still the most open at this point in 25 years Chris M Racing 3 July 10th 06 12:11 AM
Recumbents for seniors Brian G UK 21 January 20th 06 11:36 PM
The senior Seniors Mike Causer UK 4 August 29th 05 10:25 PM
Laughed a bit, seniors kick but on bikes Ken Marcet Recumbent Biking 1 February 26th 05 12:03 AM
Bicycles and seniors co-exist? biker bob General 4 January 3rd 05 09:24 PM