You know you are a cyclist when......

Old September 9th 11, 02:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

Default You know you are a cyclist when......

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message
"Ed Dolan the Great"

[...]
The Usenet you knew has died and gone to hell if it ever existed. ALL of
the
cycling newsgroups are chock full of assholes, idiots and criminal trolls.

Of which you are a prime example.

Ed Gin was a criminal troll. Ed Dolan is a good troll who only kicks ass
that needs to be kicked.

I myself haven't been able to post anything on topic for over 5 years.
That
is because I am so busy kicking dumb ass.

No, it's because you are an idiot.

First you have to dispose of all the idiots before you can have intelligent
discussion. Unfortunately the supply of idiots is endless.

If you want civility and polite discussion, I suggest you try a moderated
newsgroup.

Or just killfile Ed the inarticulate.

That just means you are no longer part of the discussion, ever the coward's
way out.

Of course, such a group is boring as hell, but some folks
prefer
boredom to having their dumb asses kicked.

Or they use killfiles to avoid your demented ramblings.

Think of how many scintillating put-downs you will never get in on. My only
mission is to amuse and entertain. Anyone who takes Usenet seriously is an
idiot.

Phil W Lee's problem is that he is not humble and self-effacing like I am.
Yea, pride goeth before a fall.

I urge him to model himself after Ed Dolan the Great and then someday maybe
he can be a Great Saint like Saint Edward the Great.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old September 11th 11, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Burr[_2_]

Gary, if you want to enjoy a group like we sue to do go a online group:

http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php

http://www.twospoke.com/forum/

--
Burr
From The Gardens
"Garry Jones" wrote in message
Just when you thought all had been said on this subject I think I have the
ultimate...

Drum roll....

"You know you are a cyclist when you find yourself leading a group of
cyclists down a mountain at 60km/h on Google Maps."

I work as a cycling guide near Riccione in Italy for 2 months every
spring. Earlier this year we met the Google Car and I made a mental note
to take a peek later in the year. That peek was yesterday and there I am
in a red helmet at the front of the group. You can see three guys on my
wheel, there are about another 8 riders some way behind me.

http://g.co/maps/mn26y

The name of the road we were on translates roughly to "The Pink Pedal".
Quite apt for Italy given the "pink jersey".

Garry Jones
English Cyclist, ResIDING in Sweden
PS I am back on rec.bicycles after an abscense of several years, I was a
regular here back in the mid 90's, hope to catch some old friends and make
some new ones, keep the wheels turning guys.

Old September 11th 11, 04:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Burr" wrote in message
.. .
Gary, if you want to enjoy a group like we sue [used[ to, do go [to] a
[an] online group:

http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php

http://www.twospoke.com/forum/

--
Burr

That would be my recommendation also. Usenet is for give and take with no
holds barred. Forums are for dullards who have mush for brains and the
backbone of a jellyfish. As long as you do not mind being bored to death a
forum should suit you just fine.

I am with Tom Sherman: Post free or die!