Issues with folding bicycles on European trains?

Old July 1st 04, 09:58 AM
Peter File

Default Issues with folding bicycles on European trains?

The name "tube" appeared early in the 20th century when the deep level
lines first opened with their small diameter tunnels. It is now often
used (incorrectly) by the general public to mean any Underground line.
"I'll take the Tube" is an expression commonly heard in London. The
sub surface lines are the Circle, District, East London, Hammersmith &
City and Metropolitan Lines. Only the others, the Bakerloo, Central,
Jubilee, Northern, Piccadilly, Victoria and Waterloo & City Lines are
true tube lines.

Right I'll remember that on my next trip from Harrow on the Hill to
Waterloo.
'Im taking the surface/cut'n'cover to Baker St and then the tube to
Waterloo'

Old July 1st 04, 10:28 AM
Roger Hughes

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:58:43 +0100, "Peter File"
wrote:

The name "tube" appeared early in the 20th century when the deep level
lines first opened with their small diameter tunnels. It is now often
used (incorrectly) by the general public to mean any Underground line.
"I'll take the Tube" is an expression commonly heard in London. The
sub surface lines are the Circle, District, East London, Hammersmith &
City and Metropolitan Lines. Only the others, the Bakerloo, Central,
Jubilee, Northern, Piccadilly, Victoria and Waterloo & City Lines are
true tube lines.

Right I'll remember that on my next trip from Harrow on the Hill to
Waterloo.
'Im taking the surface/cut'n'cover to Baker St and then the tube to
Waterloo'

Naah, you want to change to the Fleet Line at Finchley Road.

Old July 1st 04, 11:31 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 11:24:48 +0100, "Colin Blackburn"
wrote in message
:

Finchley Road.
Green Park.

Ealing Broadway, and Colin, you're in Spoon so the double reverse is
blocked.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old July 1st 04, 12:25 PM
Dave Larrington

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Ealing Broadway, and Colin, you're in Spoon so the double reverse is
blocked.

Agh! Quick, use Spoonguard!!

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old July 1st 04, 01:41 PM
Miguel Cruz

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
"Colin Blackburn" wrote:
Finchley Road.
Green Park.

Ealing Broadway, and Colin, you're in Spoon so the double reverse is
blocked.

Nice try. There's no Spoon until someone's passed through Tooting Bec.

miguel
Old July 1st 04, 03:40 PM
James Silverton

"Peter File" wrote in message
[...]

This brings back memories! On my first visit to London, as a boy of 11
more years ago than I am going to admit, I asked a very proper City
type with umbrella and Derby (Bowler?) where was the nearest Tube
Station. He assumed a puzzled expression in then said in a superior
fashion, "Oh, you mean the Underground Station!"

--
James V. Silverton
Potomac, Maryland, USA

Old July 1st 04, 08:19 PM
Whingin' Pom

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:41:53 GMT, Miguel Cruz ()
wrote:

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
"Colin Blackburn" wrote:
Finchley Road.
Green Park.

Ealing Broadway, and Colin, you're in Spoon so the double reverse is
blocked.

Nice try. There's no Spoon until someone's passed through Tooting Bec.

Dollis Hill.

--
Matt K
Waikikamukau,NZ