What have you always wanted to achieve on a bike?

Old July 3rd 04, 04:00 PM
hippy

Default What have you always wanted to achieve on a bike?

Introspection Question #1:

What have you always wanted to achieve on a bike?

To get the new Zipp 808 "fully sick mate!" aero carbon wheels rolling,
some of mine a

- A good wheelie (followed by a good manual)
- Good no-hand trackstand (or a perfect normal trackstand)
- Melbourne to Mildura ride

hippy

Old July 4th 04, 01:15 PM
gescom

- Short term goal is the 'Around the Bay' in a day ride.

- Ride around Australia, NZ, or Tasmania at least.

- Pass roadies up a hill with a loaded bike (they may have to be aged
90+ for that to happen though )

- Those perfect days with the sun on your back, NO wind, and you make it
home just before sunset.

Btw Hippy, what do you mean by 'a good manual'? Not a bike manual I
guess? lol.

Old July 5th 04, 12:00 AM
flyingdutch

Cross the Nullarbor
(perth to Adelaide. nice tailwind almost guaranteed :-) )

Tour Europe on tandem (with wife but Angelina Jolie would do in a pinch)

Be on Alpe D'Huez hairpin whilst 'they' go by...

Place in a Kew D-grade crit

Move up to C-grade

Race in C-grade and beat Hippy

emulate these guys... http://www.downtheroad.org

Old July 5th 04, 12:46 AM
hippy

"gescom" wrote in message
.. .
Btw Hippy, what do you mean by 'a good manual'? Not a bike manual I
guess? lol.

A "manual" is similar to a wheelie but you keep the front
wheel in the air without any pedaling, i.e. just by getting
your weight in the right spot over the back wheel. It's a
great trick that needs awesome balance... balance that
I don't have. :-(

hippy

Old July 5th 04, 12:51 AM
hippy

"flyingdutch" wrote in message
.. .
Tour Europe on tandem (with wife but Angelina Jolie would do in a

pinch)

Yeah, nice one.. 'cept ditch the "tandem" bit.

Be on Alpe D'Huez hairpin whilst 'they' go by...

I'd love to see any part of the tour.. another good
choice!

Place in a Kew D-grade crit

If you are riding around those hills near Warrandyte,
you'll do that easy once you work out "the system"

Move up to C-grade
Race in C-grade and beat Hippy

That shouldn't be too hard.. I pulled out of my last 2
crits. :-S

emulate these guys... http://www.downtheroad.org

hehe.. cool!

hippy

Old July 5th 04, 01:19 PM
Munk3y

hippy wrote:
Introspection Question #1:

What have you always wanted to achieve on a bike?

I' like to build a little trailer/chariot for my old cattle dog (13.y.o)
to sit on. He's too old to chase the bike these days.

- Munk3y
Old July 6th 04, 12:58 AM
Tamyka Bell

Munk3y wrote:

hippy wrote:
Introspection Question #1:

What have you always wanted to achieve on a bike?

I' like to build a little trailer/chariot for my old cattle dog (13.y.o)
to sit on. He's too old to chase the bike these days.

- Munk3y

After the Gold Coast marathon on Sunday, I saw a guy riding along the
highway with an interesting setup. He had what looked to be a wooden
board mounted along the entire length of his top tube and probably about
five inches wide. For his dog to ride on. It looked like a cattle dog
cross or something. Very cute.

Tamyka
Old July 8th 04, 07:45 AM
hippy

With frozen toes this morning I thought of another couple of things I
want to do...

Ride in another country (can't believe I've not done this..)

Ride in the SNOW!! :-D

I reckon try it on ice and in snow with normal tyres and then do the
same thing with those funky studded tyres..

hippy

Old July 8th 04, 12:30 PM
aeek

the big thing for me was that I could get up 5mins later and ride in for a 10:00 lecture as against catching the train.
Ended up hating 9:00 lectures !

Old July 9th 04, 12:24 AM
? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}

hippy writes:

Introspection Question #1:

What have you always wanted to achieve on a bike?

To get the new Zipp 808 "fully sick mate!" aero carbon wheels rolling,
some of mine a

- Wheel suck thouse roadies that keep shooting past me on the M4.
- Be able to bunny hop the curb
- SYD to newscatle
- SYD to BRN

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.