TdF aus.bicycle nettiquite

Old July 9th 04, 11:15 PM
mfhor

Default TdF aus.bicycle nettiquite

Drs wrote:
"John L" wrote in message ne-
: 3r0te0d7scjm33ji47uba-

[...]
Still top posting, still laughing & still getting RIGHT UP YOUR NOSE

You wish. You're only proving what a patheitic loser you are.

--

No, I get you. You're either a troll, who delights in creating
dissention, or someone who can't get their head around the fact that a

Why do you do this? Because they are distant from you, and can never
actually hurt you? You'll find yourself short of debating partners
soon, when we get sick of your hamfisted sledgehammer wit. I hope this
habit doesn't translate into everyday life, you might find yourself
short of friends.

Is this how road ragers behave, cocooned in their technological owner-
driver headspace, oblivious to the damage they wreak on peoples sense of
well-being?

You want to comment on that? Without epithets, so we can take you
seriously?

MH

Old July 9th 04, 11:23 PM
DRS

"mfhor" wrote in message

Drs wrote:
"John L" wrote in

message

Still top posting, still laughing & still getting RIGHT UP YOUR NOSE

You wish. You're only proving what a patheitic loser you are.

No, I get you.

No, you clearly don't.

You're either a troll, who delights in creating
dissention, or someone who can't get their head around the fact that a
forum is where people with equally valid opinions meet to debate. You

It would be helpful if you understood the nature of the issue. This is not
about some abstract opinion that has no impact on anything. There is no
"happy medium" here. Top-posting is wrong. It violates Usenet etiquette.
This is not disputable.

lose the right to the respect of the validity of your POV, and get
laughed out when you turn to abuse, calling people fools, morons,
losers et c.

Calling a fool a fool is simply being accurate.

Why do you do this?

Because silence gives consent and I don't consent to the selfish, lazy and
inconsiderate ****heads like John L who delight in treating the rest of us
with contempt.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old July 10th 04, 04:19 AM
John L

You don't really believe you speak for all the people in this
newsgroup do you? You self deluded anal twerp.

John L.

Old July 10th 04, 12:30 PM
DRS

"John L" wrote in message

You don't really believe you speak for all the people in this
newsgroup do you? You self deluded anal twerp.

No, I don't, ****wit. Never have, never will. As usual you're contributing
nothing but your stupidity to this group.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old July 10th 04, 12:41 PM
blah

mfhor wrote in message ...

You're not depriving anyone of anything by
talking about the result - I watch Tomalaris and co. hover around the
periphery of the action as much as anyone. Knowing that Stuey won the
sprint on the morning after he did it doesn't deprive me of any
enjoyment at 6pm, or some ungodly hour later if I miss the cut on the
commute home. It's the way it happened, not what happened which is the
thing, as anyone who's done any road racing will tell you. Someone wins.
Someone always wins. 'Why' is more important than 'who' and 'when'.

M "serious roadie days behind him" H

--

Um... I've had a run in or two with DRS in the past (haven't we all),
but I have to agree with him on this one (the original point of the

I wait all year to get some kind of semi-current cycling vision that I
can see and hear, rather than read live updates to as I do throughout
the year. I'd like to see some kind of consideration shown by those
that know some people don't want to find out.

Of course, I'm not so stupid as to check on the newsgroup before 6.30,
of course. It'd be nice if I could - but it's interesting that people
are only arguing about their "right" to spoil people's enjoyment;
they're not actually doing it. Strange...

That's my two cents, read you after 6.30 tomorrow. Cheers.
Old July 10th 04, 02:04 PM
? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}

mfhor writes:

Drs wrote:
I didn't ask anyone to not discuss anything. Have you never heard of
spoiler space? It works for movie plots and so on so it can work for
race results. It's not new and it's not rocket science. It only requires
a modicum of consideration for others, something that seems beyond
certain morons who unhappily inhabit this precinct.

Sorry, doesn't netiquette include not calling people "fools" and
"morons"?

Its not normally considered part of netiquette, though I do aggry Drs
would be more effective if he was a little less abrasive.

[...]

Movie plotlines (at least Hollywood ones) are a fait accompli, known by
some for months in advance. You pay money to watch them and be in
suspense. [...] You're not depriving anyone of anything by
talking about the result

I know that my footy watching relitivies who would watch delayed
telcasts of football games hate to have them spolt. And I recall TV
news people when announcing sports events would often say "If you plan
to watch SPORTS EVENT X look away now if you don't wish to see the
scores". Avoiding spolers makes it easer on other people. There is
little loss to you and a great advantage to other people.

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.
Old July 10th 04, 02:05 PM
? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}

John L writes:

[...]

If you can count, add up the number who agree with you, then add up
the number that disagree.

I happen to aggry with DRS on both the mattor of spolers and the
mattor of top posting.

It's truy sad to watch a loser who believes
he's right & the rest of the world is wrong.

However some times the one person is right and the rest of the world
is wrong.

Old July 10th 04, 02:07 PM
? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}

"Marty Wallace" writes:

"mfhor" wrote in message
.. .

[...] Someone wins.
Someone always wins. 'Why' is more important than 'who' and 'when'.

M "serious roadie days behind him" H

[...]
Well said!

I don't wish to sound rude but could you please trim down your replies?

Old July 10th 04, 02:26 PM
Marty Wallace

"? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}" wrote in message
"Marty Wallace" writes:

"mfhor" wrote in message
.. .

[...] Someone wins.
Someone always wins. 'Why' is more important than 'who' and 'when'.

M "serious roadie days behind him" H

[...]
Well said!

I don't wish to sound rude but could you please trim down your replies?

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.

You do sound rude.
My reply consisted of only two words.

Marty

Old July 10th 04, 02:36 PM
DRS

"Marty Wallace" wrote in message
om.au
"? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}" wrote in
message ...

[...]

I don't wish to sound rude but could you please trim down your
replies?

You do sound rude.
My reply consisted of only two words.

Exactly his point. You should trim extraneous quoted material.

--

A: Top-posters.

aus.bicycle FAQ (monthly posting) kingsley Australia 10 March 22nd 04 09:03 AM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly Posting) kingsley Australia 1 December 16th 03 07:20 AM
aus.bicycle FAQ kingsley Australia 4 December 14th 03 11:08 PM
aus.bicycle FAQ Version 1.0.0 kingsley Australia 10 November 10th 03 02:42 PM