Driver psychology

Old February 29th 20, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

Default Driver psychology

Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/28/2020 5:57 AM, Sepp Ruf wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/26/world...ntl/index.html

The fake media on rbt? That's certainly new.

The article doesn't mention bikes, but it almost certainly applies to
motorists' treatment of bicyclists too.

Junk science, junk journalism, or both, Frank?

Hey, I don't necessarily endorse it. I just post these things for
discussion.

But I do recall one of the most obnoxious instances of my being hassled
by a motorist. I was riding the downhill to the heart of the village,
one lane each direction. The lane's very wide for a while just before
the road grows another lane in that direction. I was doing over the
speed limit (25 mph) and keeping left in preparation for my left turn.

I heard a roaring engine and a blaring horn behind me. A guy in a
tricked-out black Porsche (Targa?), super wide tires, whale tail, open
top, was impatient that I was in front of him, even though he could have
passed me on the right. He was yelling "PICK A LANE!! PICK A LANE!! PICK
A LANE!!"

Such sweeties with open tops deserve a good dose of colorful, sugary coolant
from your squeeze bottle. Or a couple of refreshing rockets, after all, the
attacker was clearly threatening you with immediate grave bodily harm by
unmistakenly yelling "Pick a CANE!!"
https://gdb.rferl.org/C75796B1-A3D5-...894C347253.jpg

I thought I'd picked one - the only one! - and also picked the proper
side of that lane for my left turn.

I know who that guy is. He was renowned for that behavior.

Probably on steroids or so. Black cars, including taxis, or white vans are
indeed worse than midnight-blue turbos:
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/christophorus/issue-382/porsche-911-turbo-one-million-kilometers-bill-maceachern-canada-toronto-13940.html

But yes, that's just one anecdote. The other even more obnoxious
incident I recall involved a guy and a girl in a super-junky pickup truck.

Realizing their prime concern is not about avoiding paint damage can feel
slightly discomforting.

I get so little trouble from motorists that it wouldn't make sense to
start my own survey.

These probably are the most dangerous:
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/steam-powered-lada-exists-in-russia-and-its-the-stuff-nightmares-are-made-of-140371.html

Maybe only because their drivers have less of
a hormonally unmitigated inferiority complex, but sufficient cash to enjoy
braking, and re-accelerating, than economically struggling, emotionally
unstable, twentysomething aged men who, for ethno-cultural reasons, rarely
rode bicycles beyond kindergarden age, looking primitive in their
low-chassis, tinted-window, third-owner bimmers.

Too bad my teacher friends have retired. Diagramming that sentence would
make a challenging class assignment! ;-)

Like you, I did notice it wasn't adding up and would have needed a few more
words, but then I decided a CNN article was not worth the effort.
Old February 29th 20, 07:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2/28/2020 11:42 PM, John B. wrote:

And fat people aren't pretty, nor are they sexy. One might think that
there would be masses of people losing weight... but apparently there
aren't.

Now now! Why so judgmental? Why, haven't you heard of the "body
positive" movement? It's dedicated to pointing out the beauty and
sexiness of what used to be considered extra weight! See
https://www.bustle.com/articles/8492...hion-daydreams

Don't try to lose weight! Have more potato chips! Dunlap's disease* is
trendy!

(*That's when your belly done laps over your belt.)

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 1st 20, 12:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 14:55:30 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 2/28/2020 11:42 PM, John B. wrote:

And fat people aren't pretty, nor are they sexy. One might think that
there would be masses of people losing weight... but apparently there
aren't.

Now now! Why so judgmental? Why, haven't you heard of the "body
positive" movement? It's dedicated to pointing out the beauty and
sexiness of what used to be considered extra weight! See
https://www.bustle.com/articles/8492...hion-daydreams

Don't try to lose weight! Have more potato chips! Dunlap's disease* is
trendy!

(*That's when your belly done laps over your belt.)

I'm not being judgmental. Have you ever seen a fat woman with her
clothes off :-?
--
cheers,

John B.

Old March 1st 20, 01:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

wrote:

On 2/28/2020 11:42 PM, John B. wrote:

And fat people aren't pretty, nor are they sexy. One might think that
there would be masses of people losing weight... but apparently there
aren't.

Now now! Why so judgmental? Why, haven't you heard of the "body
positive" movement? It's dedicated to pointing out the beauty and
sexiness of what used to be considered extra weight! See
https://www.bustle.com/articles/8492...-with-fashion-

blogs-to-follow-now-for-all-your-chubby-fashion-daydreams

Don't try to lose weight! Have more potato chips! Dunlap's disease* is
trendy!

(*That's when your belly done laps over your belt.)

I'm not being judgmental. Have you ever seen a fat woman with her
clothes off :-?

Yes and one of the things I learnt early in life, it that different
people have different tastes.

One of the thing that alot of men need to consider is that their
restricted tastes woud ensures their survival as the herd bull would be
very short.

Old March 1st 20, 02:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

[...]

and this turns you on?
https://www.istockphoto.com/th/photo...46486-66747163

One of the thing that alot of men need to consider is that their
restricted tastes woud ensures their survival as the herd bull would be
very short.

Do you imagine that any real life "herd Bull" recruits females that
can hardly waddle?

Besides, the leader of a herd is often a female. Elephants come to
mine here as well as American Deer, Horses, and so on.
Apparently the "herd bull" has only one thing on his mind and
management of the herd isn't it :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old March 1st 20, 05:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

wrote:

I'm not being judgmental. Have you ever seen a fat woman with her
clothes off :-?

Every morning.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Old March 1st 20, 05:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

I'm not being judgmental. Have you ever seen a fat woman with her
clothes off :-?

Every morning.

Don't look in the mirror :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old March 1st 20, 05:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

https://www.bustle.com/articles/8492...tive-men-with-

fashion-
blogs-to-follow-now-for-all-your-chubby-fashion-daydreams

Don't try to lose weight! Have more potato chips! Dunlap's disease* is
trendy!

(*That's when your belly done laps over your belt.)

I'm not being judgmental. Have you ever seen a fat woman with her
clothes off :-?

Yes and one of the things I learnt early in life, it that different
people have different tastes.

and this turns you on?
https://www.istockphoto.com/th/photo...46486-66747163

One of the thing that alot of men need to consider is that their
restricted tastes woud ensures their survival as the herd bull would be
very short.

Do you imagine that any real life "herd Bull" recruits females that can
hardly waddle?

Umm, he doesn't get the choice; impregnate or Steak!.
Variable 'fat chick ' defnition?

Besides, the leader of a herd is often a female. Elephants come to mine
here as well as American Deer, Horses, and so on.
Apparently the "herd bull" has only one thing on his mind and management
of the herd isn't it :-)

Doesn't pay to get fussy.
Side step attempt noted.

Old March 1st 20, 04:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

On 2/28/2020 11:42 PM, John B. wrote:

And fat people aren't pretty, nor are they sexy. One might think that
there would be masses of people losing weight... but apparently there
aren't.

Now now! Why so judgmental? Why, haven't you heard of the "body
positive" movement? It's dedicated to pointing out the beauty and
sexiness of what used to be considered extra weight! See
https://www.bustle.com/articles/8492...hion-daydreams

Don't try to lose weight! Have more potato chips! Dunlap's disease* is
trendy!

(*That's when your belly done laps over your belt.)

I'm not being judgmental. Have you ever seen a fat woman with her
clothes off :-?

Do not do an image search for BBW. Some things should not be
seen.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 1st 20, 04:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

wrote:

I'm not being judgmental. Have you ever seen a fat woman with her
clothes off :-?

Every morning.

--
Joy Beeson