Driver psychology

Old March 1st 20, 05:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Driver psychology

On 2/29/2020 9:12 PM, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 1 Mar 2020 01:01:23 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Sun, 01 Mar 2020 07:19:36 +0700, John B. wrote:

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 14:55:30 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 2/28/2020 11:42 PM, John B. wrote:

And fat people aren't pretty, nor are they sexy. One might think that
there would be masses of people losing weight... but apparently there
aren't.

Now now! Why so judgmental? Why, haven't you heard of the "body
positive" movement? It's dedicated to pointing out the beauty and
sexiness of what used to be considered extra weight! See
https://www.bustle.com/articles/8492...-with-fashion-

blogs-to-follow-now-for-all-your-chubby-fashion-daydreams

Don't try to lose weight! Have more potato chips! Dunlap's disease* is
trendy!

(*That's when your belly done laps over your belt.)

I'm not being judgmental. Have you ever seen a fat woman with her
clothes off :-?

Yes and one of the things I learnt early in life, it that different
people have different tastes.

and this turns you on?
https://www.istockphoto.com/th/photo...46486-66747163

It seems there's a long (pre)history of men being fascinated by obese
women: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_of_Hohle_Fels

Not me, though. Tastes vary.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 2nd 20, 12:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

[...]

Ah, but it is generally understood that those pre-historic female
figures were fertility symbols... In fact, your reference describes
them as, possibly, "a hope for survival and longevity, within
well-nourished and reproductively successful communities".

Rather than the representation of "the girl I'd like to haul back to
the cave" :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old March 2nd 20, 12:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

I'm not being judgmental. Have you ever seen a fat woman with her
clothes off :-?

Every morning.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

So does John as he looks in the mirror.

Ah, Tommy, there you go, blathering on about something about which you
know absolutely nothing....

Which rather proves the old saw that, "Genius may have its
limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped".
--
cheers,

John B.

Old March 2nd 20, 10:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Sun, 01 Mar 2020 10:25:34 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 2/29/2020 6:19 PM, John B. wrote:

I'm not being judgmental. Have you ever seen a fat woman with her
clothes off :-?

Do not do an image search for BBW. Some things should not be seen.

Interesting or not, doing random searches for "bicycle" leads to similar
results. It is hard to get past one of the four major uses of the
internet.

Old March 2nd 20, 10:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Sun, 01 Mar 2020 12:05:06 -0500, Frank Krygowski wrote:

It seems there's a long (pre)history of men being fascinated by obese
women: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_of_Hohle_Fels

when starvation is a regular facit of life, obesity was seen as a sympton
of leading a successful and desireable life. Hence the early figurines
and laer such images as on the Uncle Toby's sauce bottle.

Old March 2nd 20, 10:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Mon, 02 Mar 2020 07:24:59 +0700, John B. wrote:

Rather than the representation of "the girl I'd like to haul back to the
cave" :-)

Obviously your cave is not in cold climes.

Old March 2nd 20, 04:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

news18 wrote:
On Sun, 01 Mar 2020 12:05:06 -0500, Frank Krygowski wrote:

It seems there's a long (pre)history of men being fascinated by obese
women: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_of_Hohle_Fels

when starvation is a regular facit of life, obesity was seen as a sympton
of leading a successful and desireable life. Hence the early figurines
and laer such images as on the Uncle Toby's sauce bottle.

And we have a winner here. Much like pale skin was an indicator of feminine
beauty for millennia, because only women who were rich enough to not have
to go out and toil in the fields all day could avoid tanning. Only after
enough work shifted indoors could having enough spare time to lie outside
in the sun be deemed sexy.

Old March 2nd 20, 06:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

On 3/2/2020 2:00 AM, news18 wrote:
On Sun, 01 Mar 2020 10:25:34 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 2/29/2020 6:19 PM, John B. wrote:

I'm not being judgmental. Have you ever seen a fat woman with her
clothes off :-?

Do not do an image search for BBW. Some things should not be seen.

Interesting or not, doing random searches for "bicycle" leads to similar
results. It is hard to get past one of the four major uses of the
internet.

What are the other three?

Mark J.
Old March 2nd 20, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 3/2/2020 11:10 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:
news18 wrote:
On Sun, 01 Mar 2020 12:05:06 -0500, Frank Krygowski wrote:

It seems there's a long (pre)history of men being fascinated by obese
women: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_of_Hohle_Fels

when starvation is a regular facit of life, obesity was seen as a sympton
of leading a successful and desireable life. Hence the early figurines
and laer such images as on the Uncle Toby's sauce bottle.

And we have a winner here. Much like pale skin was an indicator of feminine
beauty for millennia, because only women who were rich enough to not have
to go out and toil in the fields all day could avoid tanning. Only after
enough work shifted indoors could having enough spare time to lie outside
in the sun be deemed sexy.

It may also explain niche styles like Chinese foot binding, enormous
hairstyles in 18th century France, powdered wigs on men, etc.

But I'm not sure it works for extreme corsets on women, porkpie hats or
striped bell bottoms.

As I say, fashion is weird and powerful.

"Chrome plated platform [shoes] nine inches high,
batteries in the soles yeah and lights on the sides..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kCdcfw6xBw

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 3rd 20, 12:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 16:10:09 +0000 (UTC), Ralph Barone
wrote:

news18 wrote:
On Sun, 01 Mar 2020 12:05:06 -0500, Frank Krygowski wrote:

It seems there's a long (pre)history of men being fascinated by obese
women: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_of_Hohle_Fels

when starvation is a regular facit of life, obesity was seen as a sympton
of leading a successful and desireable life. Hence the early figurines
and laer such images as on the Uncle Toby's sauce bottle.

And we have a winner here. Much like pale skin was an indicator of feminine
beauty for millennia, because only women who were rich enough to not have
to go out and toil in the fields all day could avoid tanning. Only after
enough work shifted indoors could having enough spare time to lie outside
in the sun be deemed sexy.

A light skin is still an indication of the upper class in countries
where people still work with their hands, out of doors.

Of course, in Western Europe and America things have come a full
circle and a brown skin, particularly in the midst of winter is now a
mark of those wealthy enough to take their vacation in the Caribbean
:-)
--
cheers,

John B.