A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Pendix Retrofit Electric Motor, suitable for commuters and hot rodders

Old March 9th 20, 12:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Pendix Retrofit Electric Motor, suitable for commuters and hot rodders

Yo, Jay, if you're serious about an ebike, you may like to try the retrofittable Pendix I discuss on my Rohloff/touring group at
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index....2098#msg102098

It's smart enough not to embarrass your son at Specialized (which you can't say for the rather agricultural Bafang I normally recommend for its cost/facilities ratio), it's output is tailorable as I describe, and it could save you a few bucks while you discover if you're the stuff from which ebikers are made.

Andre Jute
Don't say I've never done anything for a Democrat
Ads
Old March 9th 20, 08:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

Default Pendix Retrofit Electric Motor, suitable for commuters and hot rodders

On Monday, March 9, 2020 at 5:49:15 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
Yo, Jay, if you're serious about an ebike, you may like to try the retrofittable Pendix I discuss on my Rohloff/touring group at
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index....2098#msg102098

It's smart enough not to embarrass your son at Specialized (which you can't say for the rather agricultural Bafang I normally recommend for its cost/facilities ratio), it's output is tailorable as I describe, and it could save you a few bucks while you discover if you're the stuff from which ebikers are made.

Andre Jute
Don't say I've never done anything for a Democrat

A retrofit is not likely for a number of reasons, including price and weight -- plus I'm in no hurry right now. I think we'll see a lot of progress with batteries and motors in the next two years. Plus oil is hovering around $31 USD/barrel. I'm going to start driving. Screw the bike thing -- I'm buying a Canyonero. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI_Jl5WFQkA

-- Jay Beattie.