Cycling News RSS

Old September 25th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Default Cycling News RSS

For your convenience: http://www.usrtriton.nl/cyclingnews/
(Hits the CN frontpage at most 8 times/day so won't put significant
extra strain on the poor Oceanic data cable.)

--
E. Dronkert
Old September 25th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 22:41:06 +0200, Ewoud Dronkert
wrote:

For your convenience: http://www.usrtriton.nl/cyclingnews/
(Hits the CN frontpage at most 8 times/day so won't put significant
extra strain on the poor Oceanic data cable.)

Great, but it seems we have a problem
http://www.usrtriton.nl/cyclingnews/rss.php you need to filter out &
with the code I believe.

Old September 25th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Keith wrote:
Great, but it seems we have a problem

Works for me. (Only tested on Safari on a Mac. Will check IE et al.
tomorrow and debug where necessary.)

--
E. Dronkert
Old September 25th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Keith wrote:
Great, but it seems we have a problem

Right, I saw a few "&"s in the source so didn't include a
translation but apparently not all of the ampersands were encoded.
They are now.

--
E. Dronkert
Old September 25th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message , Keith

wrote:

For your convenience: http://www.usrtriton.nl/cyclingnews/
(Hits the CN frontpage at most 8 times/day so won't put significant
extra strain on the poor Oceanic data cable.)

Great, but it seems we have a problem
http://www.usrtriton.nl/cyclingnews/rss.php you need to filter out &
with the code I believe.

Works fine with Akregator; also works OK with PRES, and so is now
integrated into my cycling page he

http://www.jasmine.org.uk/dogfood/news/category_2.html

;; my other religion is Emacs
Old September 25th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
For your convenience: http://www.usrtriton.nl/cyclingnews/
(Hits the CN frontpage at most 8 times/day so won't put significant
extra strain on the poor Oceanic data cable.)

Very cool! THANK YOU!

-jsp

Old September 26th 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:05:39 +0200, Ewoud Dronkert
wrote:

Keith wrote:
Great, but it seems we have a problem

Right, I saw a few "&"s in the source so didn't include a
translation but apparently not all of the ampersands were encoded.
They are now.

Working now with RSS Express, thanks for fixing.

Old September 28th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

For your convenience: http://www.usrtriton.nl/cyclingnews/

Encountered some problems with changing source code, but got it under
control now, I believe. Let me know if it breaks again...

--
E. Dronkert