Knocked off today.

Old September 19th 09, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Knocked off today.

Well, I've had a good run. On the way to work today I was knocked off by a
car driver who decided he didn't want to wait for the car in front to turn
right, so he passed by on its left taking me with him. Some very kind people
rang for an ambulance and I was carted off to A+E. I was given a stern
lecture about my lack of helmet by the fracture guy who recorded the fact on
my diagnosis sheet.

After the X Ray, I was told I had a broken collar bone, so presumably a
helmet would have prevented this ;-/

Good job it's the end of the season!

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old September 19th 09, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sep 19, 5:46*pm, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

After the X Ray, I was told I had a broken collar bone

Nasty, and not a quick thing to heal I understand. Bad luck, I hope
the compensation buys you a really nice new carbon bike. Or a
recumbent, that way you land on your arse instead of your outstretched
hand...
--
Guy
Old September 19th 09, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Chris Gerhard

Simon Mason wrote:
Well, I've had a good run. On the way to work today I was knocked off by
a car driver who decided he didn't want to wait for the car in front to
turn right, so he passed by on its left taking me with him. Some very
kind people rang for an ambulance and I was carted off to A+E. I was
given a stern lecture about my lack of helmet by the fracture guy who
recorded the fact on my diagnosis sheet.

After the X Ray, I was told I had a broken collar bone, so presumably a
helmet would have prevented this ;-/

Well they are magic!

Good job it's the end of the season!

Sorry to hear this. Get well soon.

--chris

Old September 19th 09, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
On Sep 19, 5:46 pm, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

After the X Ray, I was told I had a broken collar bone

Nasty, and not a quick thing to heal I understand. Bad luck, I hope
the compensation buys you a really nice new carbon bike. Or a
recumbent, that way you land on your arse instead of your outstretched
hand...
--
Guy

Cheers Pal,
I'm not really bothered about compo, although I understand that my back
wheel is bent (a kind shop keeper has taken it in), a 120 quid pair of
sunglasses has gone AWOL and my 110 bibknicks have a hole in them.

Lance bust his in March and still did the Tour in July, so I should be back
in business sooner or later. :-)

Old September 19th 09, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
BrianW[_2_]

wrote:

After the X Ray, I was told I had a broken collar bone

Nasty, and not a quick thing to heal I understand. �Bad luck, I hope
the compensation buys you a really nice new carbon bike. �Or a
recumbent, that way you land on your arse instead of your outstretched
hand...
--
Guy

Cheers Pal,
� I'm not really bothered about compo, although I understand that my back
wheel is bent (a kind shop keeper has taken it in), a 120 quid pair of
sunglasses has gone AWOL and my 110 bibknicks have a hole in them.

Really sorry to hear this. You should sue the driver for
compensation, though. Why should you be left out of pocket? I am
currently engaged in litigation against the driver who nearly killed
me whilst I was riding my bike. PM me if you want a recommendation
for a lawyer.
Old September 19th 09, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith M Smith

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 17:46:41 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

Well, I've had a good run. On the way to work today I was knocked off by a
car driver who decided he didn't want to wait for the car in front to turn
right, so he passed by on its left taking me with him. Some very kind people
rang for an ambulance and I was carted off to A+E. I was given a stern
lecture about my lack of helmet by the fracture guy who recorded the fact on
my diagnosis sheet.

After the X Ray, I was told I had a broken collar bone, so presumably a
helmet would have prevented this ;-/

Good job it's the end of the season!

Did plod attend - are they taking any action?

--
Latest DfT Figures: Passenger casualty rates by mode Per billion passenger kilometers:
Killed or seriously injured: Pedal Cyclists : 527 Pedestrians 371
Old September 19th 09, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith M Smith

wrote:

After the X Ray, I was told I had a broken collar bone

Nasty, and not a quick thing to heal I understand. Bad luck, I hope
the compensation buys you a really nice new carbon bike. Or a
recumbent, that way you land on your arse instead of your outstretched
hand...
--
Guy

Cheers Pal,
I'm not really bothered about compo,

Are you entitled to any - from his insurance or your own?

Old September 19th 09, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

wrote:

[...]

Cheers, I am in the CTC and they have their own legal team, but thanks for
the offer. I don't know what happened to the driver; he was still on the
kerbside when I was stretchered off. Plod wasn't there, so maybe he sloped
off home and I didn't get his details, so there might be nobody to make a
claim against anyhow.

Old September 19th 09, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
BrianW[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Bummer - you mean he won't even get charged? I'm also waiting to see
what happens in the criminal courts to the driver who hit me. A not
guilty plea has been entered, could be interesting.

Knocked off bike Steve Walford UK 8 October 27th 08 06:18 PM
Just been knocked off my bike!! [email protected] UK 18 March 22nd 08 09:37 PM
What to do when you are knocked off by another cyclist? David Green UK 12 May 29th 05 12:03 PM
Nearly knocked off by the plod. Simon Mason UK 6 September 25th 03 11:24 PM
Knocked off by a badger Gary Knighton UK 4 July 24th 03 12:43 AM