[FS] Swept-back bars, stem & levers / Zefal SP pumps

Old June 20th 04, 11:42 PM
Pete Biggs

Default [FS] Swept-back bars, stem & levers / Zefal SP pumps

Goods for sale. Please email p[at]biggs[dot]tc

***All prices include postage***

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Used set of very comfortable bars, with suitable stem and levers

Handlebars -- like the ones he
www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm?item5551.htm
....except are chromed steel. Same dimensions (width is from bar end to bar
end). Shape is probably the same although mine appear slightly less swept
back (but this could be an optical illusion of the photo). Ideal for those
who find modern straight flat bars too wide and er, straight and flat.
Chrome is in good condition with only minimal scratching and no rust.
Complete with grips.

With a stumpy SR 5355 stem that's remarkably similar to this:
www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm?item4326.htm
....except my shaft is 2cm shorter (if you pardon the expression). Note:
handlebar has quite a bit of rise in itself.

With Leechi 135A alloy brake levers that look quite like these:
www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm?item8240.htm

Total weight of components is 960g -- not bad for this type of thing and
the bars will survive more knocking around than those Humperdinck jobs.

£18 for the whole lot.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lightweight full-size pumps: Zefal SP. Choice of two used grey & black
plastic frame-fit pumps, for presta valves. Fit along seat tube, or under
top tube if using a peg.

This model is simple and reliable, in my experience. I'll be keeping one
like it that I've used for many years. They are best suited to tyres under
80 psi, but (size 4) can manage more if you go through the pain barrier
:-)

Size 3: fair condition, 136g, uncompressed length 52cm, compr 47cm, £3.

Size 4: Branded "Raleigh" though is really a Zefal SP, good condition,
152g, uncompressed length 57cm, compr 51cm, £4.

Note: only one washer and washer retainer-nut to go between the two pumps.

~PB

Old June 22nd 04, 02:07 AM
Pete Biggs

Used items -- now for sale individually

**All prices include postage** Please email p[at]biggs[dot]tc

Tall stumpy good quality SR stem that's remarkably similar to this:
www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm?item4326.htm
....except its (stainless) shaft is 2cm shorter. 348g. Fair to good
condition. £12

Handlebars - like the ones he
www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm?item5551.htm
....except are chromed steel. 430g. Same dimensions (width is from bar end
to bar end). Shape is probably the same although mine /appear/ slightly
less swept back (but this could be an optical illusion). Ideal for those
who find modern straight flat bars too wide and er, straight and flat.
Chrome is in good condition with only minimal scratching and no rust.
Complete with grips. £9

Leechi 135A alloy brake levers that look quite like these:
www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm?item8240.htm £3.50

Or £16 for the whole lot.

~PB

Old June 22nd 04, 10:12 AM
Richard Bates

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 02:07:12 +0100, "Pete Biggs"
wrote:

Used items -- now for sale individually

Handlebars - like the ones he
www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm?item5551.htm

Set 'em in concrete and you'll end up with a Sheffield Stand.

--
Young Musician of the Year 2004 was a fiddle
Old June 22nd 04, 06:06 PM
Pete Biggs

Prices reduced (all inc post)

Stem: £8
Bars: £7
Levers: £3
or whole lot: £14

Sorry for boring you with these ads but I'm not giving up that easily :-)

~PB