Hayes Hydro Brake Lever Pivot servicing question

Old April 10th 04, 11:58 PM
ZeeExSixAre

Default Hayes Hydro Brake Lever Pivot servicing question

Hey group... although this newsgroup is usually rife with idle talk, the
occasional ride report, lots of OT, and the rare challenge/smack talk, I am
banking on you guys to know something about Hayes hydro levers
rec.bike.tech is full of practical people who would have no idea of hydros
(as opposed to mechs).

Anyways, here's my question: I replaced my brake lever pivots today, and it
went very successfully and smoothly. There are two plastic bushings that go
into the upper and lower part of the big gap spanning where the actual lever
goes. Am I supposed to lube these bushings? They're plastic, so I'm
thinking no, but the consensus is usually to lube everything.

What about square tapers? Lube?
*duck and run*

Thanks, all.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old April 11th 04, 12:03 AM
Slacker

ZeeExSixAre wrote:
Hey group... although this newsgroup is usually rife with idle talk, the
occasional ride report, lots of OT, and the rare challenge/smack talk, I am
banking on you guys to know something about Hayes hydro levers
rec.bike.tech is full of practical people who would have no idea of hydros
(as opposed to mechs).

Anyways, here's my question: I replaced my brake lever pivots today, and it
went very successfully and smoothly. There are two plastic bushings that go
into the upper and lower part of the big gap spanning where the actual lever
goes. Am I supposed to lube these bushings? They're plastic, so I'm
thinking no, but the consensus is usually to lube everything.

What about square tapers? Lube?
*duck and run*

Thanks, all.

Lever pin bushings: no lube, just pop them in, and your good to go.
--
Slacker
Old April 11th 04, 02:49 AM
Michael Paul

"ZeeExSixAre" wrote in message
[...]

they're probably nylon or some other reasonably slippery material thus not
requiring any lube. But then, I'm only guessing. I haven't bothered taking
my Hayes levers apart yet.

Michael

Old April 11th 04, 03:44 PM
Greg McBride

Keep the grime and grit out of your brake pads for smooth and consistent
braking. Also protect your rims and pads from damage do to crushed debris
between rim and pad. Check out www.rimsaver.net I am offering FREE SHIPPING
in the US until October. Have fun riding. Greg

Old April 11th 04, 04:07 PM
tcmedara

Greg McBride wrote:
Keep the grime and grit out of your brake pads for smooth and
consistent braking. Also protect your rims and pads from damage do to
crushed debris between rim and pad. Check out www.rimsaver.net I am
offering FREE SHIPPING in the US until October. Have fun riding. Greg

1. You top posted, which is just annoying
2. Phil was talking disk, not rim brakes ya maroon
3. SPAM sucks, so go away

Three strikes -- yer outta here (baseball reference for our non-NA brethren)

Tom

Old April 11th 04, 08:51 PM
G.T.

You spamming, top-posting ****ing moron. He was talking about disc brakes.

Old April 11th 04, 11:09 PM
ZeeExSixAre

Check out www.rimsaver.net I am offering FREE SHIPPING
in the US until October. Have fun riding. Greg

May your armpits be infested with the power of a thousand flies.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old April 12th 04, 04:11 AM
Westie

ZeeExSixAre wrote:
Am I supposed to lube these
bushings? They're plastic, so I'm thinking no, but the consensus is
usually to lube everything.

No lube.

--
Westie
(Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)