What would the Devil have driven?

Old January 9th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

Default What would the Devil have driven?

Since it's pretty much settled that Jesus would have ridden a bike,
let's debate now what the Devil would have driven...

On Jan 9, 12:22 pm, "David V." wrote:
donquijote1954 wrote:

I thought he drove an SUV.

"The Devil" does not exist. But you do remind me of Don Quixote.
His SUV polluted too.

DonQuixote rode a horse, Rocinante, and Sancho rode a donkey, like
Jesus.

The Devil does not exist but Christians are often found doing evil
things. I have no doubt in my mind though that the Devil would have
driven an SUV if he existed.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE
http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote
Old January 9th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Amy Blankenship

I'm not of any religious persuasion that is easy to explain, but I find the
fact that you keep making all sorts of flames based on religion is getting
to be a little offensive.

Old January 10th 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Jan 9, 5:41*pm, "Amy Blankenship"
wrote:
I'm not of any religious persuasion that is easy to explain, but I find the
fact that you keep making all sorts of flames based on religion is getting
to be a little offensive.

Amy, my attack is not against religion, just hypocrisy. But you would
find the same spirit in some of the best known American
personalities...

"The motto stated a lie. If this nation has ever trusted in God, that
time has gone by; for nearly half a century almost its entire trust
has been in the Republican party and the dollar--mainly the dollar. I
recognize that I am only making an assertion and furnishing no proof;
I am sorry, but this is a habit of mine; sorry also that I am not
alone in it; everybody seems to have this disease."
- Mark Twain in Eruption
Old January 10th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
landotter

On Jan 9, 4:41 pm, "Amy Blankenship"
wrote:
I'm not of any religious persuasion that is easy to explain, but I find the
fact that you keep making all sorts of flames based on religion is getting
to be a little offensive.

Religion is a belief in nonsense, as such, it should develop a thicker
skin, and less of an attitude. On my local newspaper's message boards,
nearly half the messages are religious folks condemning others.
Strangely enough, when one responds in kind, one is labeled as
intolerant.

You may be born black or white or taupe, but last I checked, the
doctor doesn't lift a mysterious flesh flap when you're born and
assert, "this one's a Hindu centrist."

While one shouldn't be required to respect religion, tolerance is a
good friendly thing to practice, however, laughs trump tolerance.

Old January 10th 08, 05:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

landotter ??? wrote:
Religion is a belief in nonsense,...

Utter rubbish. The Flying Spaghetti Monster created the Universe with
His Noodly Appendage.

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people." A. Derleth
Old January 10th 08, 02:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Amy Blankenship

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
landotter ??? wrote:
Religion is a belief in nonsense,...

Utter rubbish. The Flying Spaghetti Monster created the Universe with His
Noodly Appendage.

No, it was the aliens. As you would know if you listened to Bob.

Old January 10th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Jan 10, 12:55*am, Tom Sherman
wrote:
landotter ??? wrote:
Religion is a belief in nonsense,...

Utter rubbish. The Flying Spaghetti Monster created the Universe with
His Noodly Appendage.

With all due respect I think you are wrong...

God created a master race to teach the world how to eat McDonald's and
drive SUVs (at the same time)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foR3sfWu5IQ

Thus he made them to His image.
Old January 10th 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Amy Blankenship

wrote:
I'm not of any religious persuasion that is easy to explain, but I find
the
fact that you keep making all sorts of flames based on religion is
getting
to be a little offensive.

Religion is a belief in nonsense, as such, it should develop a thicker
skin, and less of an attitude. On my local newspaper's message boards,
nearly half the messages are religious folks condemning others.
Strangely enough, when one responds in kind, one is labeled as
intolerant.

Direct attacks on others' deeply held beliefs isn't funny, whether I share
them or not.

Old January 10th 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

wrote:
I'm not of any religious persuasion that is easy to explain, but I find
the
fact that you keep making all sorts of flames based on religion is
getting
to be a little offensive.

Religion is a belief in nonsense, as such, it should develop a thicker
skin, and less of an attitude. On my local newspaper's message boards,
nearly half the messages are religious folks condemning others.
Strangely enough, when one responds in kind, one is labeled as
intolerant.

Direct attacks on others' deeply held beliefs isn't funny, whether I share
them or not.

But when those beliefs are used as cover for evil things then they are
fair game.

Do I have a problem with religious cyclists? No, actually I think they
practice what they preach.
Old January 10th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Amy Blankenship

wrote:
I'm not of any religious persuasion that is easy to explain, but I find
the
fact that you keep making all sorts of flames based on religion is
getting
to be a little offensive.

Religion is a belief in nonsense, as such, it should develop a thicker
skin, and less of an attitude. On my local newspaper's message boards,
nearly half the messages are religious folks condemning others.
Strangely enough, when one responds in kind, one is labeled as
intolerant.

Direct attacks on others' deeply held beliefs isn't funny, whether I share
them or not.

But when those beliefs are used as cover for evil things then they are
fair game.

------------------

But you haven't attacked them as a cover for evil things. You've
essentially said

"All Christians drive SUV's"
"SUV's are evil"
"Therefore, all Christians are evil."

Only you've managed to pad it out to make it much more offensive than that.

Hand driven Unicycle fontiminal Unicycling 15 December 11th 08 10:45 AM
What would the Devil have driven? donquijote1954 General 109 January 22nd 08 02:28 AM
chain driven question tjheller Unicycling 7 November 8th 06 07:02 AM
Chain driven dynamo? Chris Eilbeck UK 8 September 28th 06 06:36 PM
Chain driven question glopal Unicycling 5 September 13th 03 02:04 PM