The Kloden case...Bruynel preparing something ?...

Old January 5th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

Default The Kloden case...Bruynel preparing something ?...

I've always liked Kloden but at this point I have a hard time
believing that he is "squeaky clean", what with all his friends
getting caught...how could he resist the dope ? Didn't Pevenage say
that Ullrich had told him that when he trained with Kloden and Kessler
in january 2007 "nothing had changed" ?...

Is Bruyneel getting ready to kick him out ?...

From
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...5news&from=rss

"How did the mistake happen? "I didn't know Basso," Bruyneel said.
"That can happen with new people. As I also do not know Andreas
Klöden." Basso resigned from the team on May 1, 2007, and was given a
suspension which runs through October 2008.

The Belgian, who has eight Tour de France victories on his palmarès as
directeur sportif, is confident that he won't be equally fooled by
Andreas Klöden, despite rumours that the German's T-Mobile Team may
have been involved in blood-doping during the 2006 Tour de France.
"Klöden told me that he had nothing to do with it. As far as I know he
has never been involved in a doping affair," stated Bruyneel, who was
required by the UCI to take over all existing Astana contracts when he
took over the team. "We are heavily armed against possible matters
from the past. If it appears that Klöden was involved in something,
then we will react appropriately.""
Old January 5th 08, 11:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 03:10:18 +0100, Keith wrote:
From
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...5news&from=rss

I read that and thought "did Bruyneel just admit doping at
Disco/Postal?"
Old January 5th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
I read that and thought "did Bruyneel just admit doping at Disco/Postal?"

He must have sampled too much from the LIVEDRUNK cabinet on
new years eve.

Old January 5th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Victor Kan

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...jan05news&from...

I read that and thought "did Bruyneel just admit doping at
Disco/Postal?"

I read that and thought he was saying "If anything doping-related
happened at Disco/Postal, it was because of people I didn't know
well", and "I want to dump Kloden at the first opportunity".

Old January 5th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Hiring Kloden was a mistake for Astana. Astana and Bruyneel and can
ill afford another incident.

On Jan 4, 6:10 pm, Keith wrote:\ I've always

Fromhttp://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/jan08/jan05news&from...

Old January 6th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 09:26:53 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Hiring Kloden was a mistake for Astana.

So far it seems they have had other problems to worry about! Like
Bryneel says Kloden hasn't been found guilty of anything...yet

Old January 6th 08, 05:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Astana has a strong enough team. The problem with hiring Kloden is PR
is aspect. Cycling today has a bad image. Just recall the how the
press was saying "Tour de Farce". It's beyond me why Bruyneel wants to
risk a repeat of the Basso affair. As a I said awhile back if this
another time then it would be a big issue, but today the climate has
changed. Bruyneel and others in the racing have to realize that their
job is to ensure that team and racing reflects positively on the
sponsors.

On Jan 5, 10:

41 am, Bob Schwartz wrote:
wrote:
Hiring Kloden was a mistake for Astana. Astana and Bruyneel and can
ill afford another incident.

Yes, surely the fourth or fifth incident would be the one that sinks
the team. Almost as surely as not winning any races would.

Bob Schwartz

Old January 7th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 03:10:18 +0100, Keith wrote:
From
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...5news&from=rss

I read that and thought "did Bruyneel just admit doping at
Disco/Postal?"

Dang! I could have sworn he said that he was cornered into hiring Basso
through a superior's support of the man who had at that time sworn that he
wasn't a client of Fuentes. But maybe I can't read plain English?

Old January 7th 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

wrote in message
Hiring Kloden was a mistake for Astana. Astana and Bruyneel and can
ill afford another incident.

What if Kloden is another Charly Mottet who Willy Voet swore wouldn't touch
drugs?

Kloden Andre Racing 5 August 6th 07 09:05 AM
What airline bike case to buy? (Trico Iron Case or XPORT Cargo Case?) Robert Hayden General 2 July 14th 06 04:26 PM
Kloden ? Keith Racing 3 July 16th 05 07:59 PM
Kloden Chris M Racing 10 June 7th 05 07:20 AM
S&S travel bike-their hard case or the soft case? eflayer2 Techniques 11 February 12th 05 12:07 AM