Bike Shipping - Recommendations?

Old July 8th 09, 02:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Steve Sr.

Default Bike Shipping - Recommendations?

Hello,

I am going on an Adventure Cycling tour starting and ending in
Jackson, Wy in mid-August. I need to find a good way to ship a
mountain bike there and back.

I have access to a bike case courtesy of the of the local bike club so
that part is handled.

From the FedEx web site it appears that there is no customer drop-off
location in Jackson. On the other hand, UPS does have a company
staffed location but I have heard that they are more expensive than
Fedex because of the oversize charge..

Have any of you ever used one of the bike shipping services like
Sports Express or ShipBikes.com?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve
Old July 8th 09, 05:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
davet

On Jul 7, 6:43*pm, Steve Sr. wrote:
Hello,

I am going on an Adventure Cycling tour starting and ending in
Jackson, Wy in mid-August. I need to find a good way to ship a
mountain bike there and back.

I have access to a bike case courtesy of the of the local bike club so
that part is handled.

From the FedEx web site it appears that there is no customer drop-off
location in Jackson. On the other hand, UPS does have a company
staffed location but I have heard that they are more expensive than
Fedex because of the oversize charge..

Have any of you ever used one of the bike shipping services like
Sports Express or ShipBikes.com?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

There appears to be a FedEx staffed location in Jackson he
Kinkos FedEx
1035 S US Highway 89
Jackson, WY 83001
(410) 636-2605 Fax

They can ship your bike for you.

I like FedEx much better than UPS.

Old July 9th 09, 02:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Steve Sr.

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 21:18:54 -0700 (PDT), davet
wrote:

On Jul 7, 6:43*pm, Steve Sr. wrote:
Hello,

I am going on an Adventure Cycling tour starting and ending in
Jackson, Wy in mid-August. I need to find a good way to ship a
mountain bike there and back.

I have access to a bike case courtesy of the of the local bike club so
that part is handled.

From the FedEx web site it appears that there is no customer drop-off
location in Jackson. On the other hand, UPS does have a company
staffed location but I have heard that they are more expensive than
Fedex because of the oversize charge..

Have any of you ever used one of the bike shipping services like
Sports Express or ShipBikes.com?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

There appears to be a FedEx staffed location in Jackson he
Kinkos FedEx
1035 S US Highway 89
Jackson, WY 83001
(410) 636-2605 Fax

They can ship your bike for you.

I like FedEx much better than UPS.

Dave,

Thanks for the pointer. I wonder why I didn't see this on their web
site?

Steve