Cyclists ignoring signs get a ticket

Old December 29th 11, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

Default Cyclists ignoring signs get a ticket

On 29/12/2011 18:41, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

JNugent wrote:
Lieutenant Scott wrote:
JNugent wrote:
Lieutenant Scott wrote:
JNugent wrote:
Lieutenant Scott wrote:

If it's wrong to stop someone from speeding (and being caught for it),
then the answer is clearly "Yes".

You will have obstructed the police.

Let me get this straight, you think I would be arrested for preventing a
murder? Even pigs aren't that stupid.

You *did* see the word "if", didn't you?

I was assuming you believed it was.

???

My thoughts exactly. Explain yourself more clearly.

You could make a good start by seeking ocurrences of the word "if", above.

The relevant use is still there. When I use such a word, it is for a good reason.
Old December 30th 11, 02:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 5, 9:35*am, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 03:21:17 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:
On Dec 3, 2:16 am, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:50:25 -0000, JNugent wrote:
On 16/11/2011 02:44, Simon Mason wrote:
On Nov 16, 1:07 am, "Lieutenant *wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:11:20 -0000, Simon *wrote:
On Nov 13, 1:08 pm, "Lieutenant *wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:43:02 -0000, Simon *wrote:

I have done, and they stole it. *But that was a radar detector only. *A satnav is for navigation you see....

I have the speed camera option turned on when I am abroad, but I tend
to avoid France anyway - too predictable and boring.

The traffic? *The scenery? *The people?

Going to France is too common,

And there is no ferry to it from Hull.

my favourite country is Romania.
It has all the beauty of France but has not been spoiled by excessive
tourism.

Despite that, you might still be able to get Hofmeister and a vindaloo there.

Vindaloo sux.

--http://petersparrots.comhttp://petersphotos.com

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.- Hide quoted text -

I had a lamb vindaloo only last night.
Beautiful!

Lambs are only beautiful when they are alive.

--http://petersparrots.comhttp://petersphotos.com

I think car alarms should be set of explode after two minutes.
That way, we either take out a car thief, or deprive a noise-polluting jerk of his wheels.- Hide quoted text -

Agreed.
They are a blight on the aural landscape and drivers should be shot
for not turning them off.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 30th 11, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Lieutenant Scott

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 00:14:45 -0000, Phil W Lee wrote:

"Lieutenant Scott" considered Sun, 27 Nov 2011 10:06:29
-0000 the perfect time to write:

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:48:23 -0000, Alex Heney wrote:

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:22:41 +0000, Judith
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 04:43:02 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Nov 13, 12:31 pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:

If you drive in France with it turned on, you will get fined for that.

Please do not believe the ****e which Mason posts.

I understand that systems which detect the radar speed traps are illegal in
France; BUT not the Garmin which is just telling you of the locations.

If I am wrong - I would like to see something authoritative - other than the
musing of the ****wit Simple Simon

No, you are correct.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...in-france.html

"Penalties can include fines of up to ¤3,000, confiscation of the device and of the vehicle."
I suppose I was lucky then - 700 euros and confiscation of the device but not my vehicle (if you can call a Renault that).

They probably regarded letting you keep a Renault as additional
punishment.

They don't like their own cars? They have plenty of them!

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
Old December 31st 11, 04:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Logician

On Nov 17, 4:21*pm, Judith wrote:

wrote:

On Nov 13, 12:31*pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:13:54 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:
On Nov 13, 11:41 am, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:

No you are helping a criminal escape punishment.

By preventing the crime, not moving it. *Twit. *READ what I write.

The police will prevent the crime of speeding for good by nabbing them
enough times to get them off the road where they can do the public no
harm. Warning them is obstruction, pure and simple.

No, they will nab them enough times to make them buy a satnav with a speed camera database - or at least that's what happened to me.

If you drive in France with it turned on, you will get fined for that.

Old December 31st 11, 04:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Logician

On Nov 16, 6:25*pm, Judith wrote:
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 01:08:09 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:22:41 +0000, Judith wrote:

Please do not believe the ****e which Mason posts.

I am not taking any ****ing orders from ****ing you about whatever
****ing thing I will ****ing believe in from whatever ****ing source.

I forget that English is not your first language:

OED

Please, adv :
Used in polite request

So "please do not" is not actually a "****ing order"

Tone down your language.
Old January 1st 12, 02:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Simon Mason[_4_]

wrote:

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:22:41 +0000, Judith wrote:

Please do not believe the ****e which Mason posts.

I am not taking any ****ing orders from ****ing you about whatever
****ing thing I will ****ing believe in from whatever ****ing source.

I forget that English is not your first language:

OED

Please, adv :
Used in polite request

So "please do not" is not actually a "****ing order"

Tone down your language.- Hide quoted text -

You are asking JMS to tone down their language?
It is a known troll with a malevalent agenda you know.

--
Simon Mason
Old January 1st 12, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:22:41 +0000, Judith wrote:

Please do not believe the ****e which Mason posts.

I am not taking any ****ing orders from ****ing you about whatever
****ing thing I will ****ing believe in from whatever ****ing source.

I forget that English is not your first language:

OED

Please, adv :
Used in polite request

So "please do not" is not actually a "****ing order"

Tone down your language.- Hide quoted text -

You are asking JMS to tone down their language?
It is a known troll with a malevalent agenda you know.

--
Simon Mason

Those "malevalent" agendas can be a right bugger.

Now, I wonder who had a go at Judith for spelling Justin Lewis name wrong?

University
Old January 2nd 12, 12:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

wrote:

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:22:41 +0000, Judith wrote:

Please do not believe the ****e which Mason posts.

I am not taking any ****ing orders from ****ing you about whatever
****ing thing I will ****ing believe in from whatever ****ing source..

I forget that English is not your first language:

OED

Please, adv :
Used in polite request

So "please do not" is not actually a "****ing order"

Tone down your language.- Hide quoted text -

You are asking JMS to tone down their language?
It is a known troll with a malevalent agenda you know.

--
Simon Mason- Hide quoted text -

Should be a tad easier to control when they go back to work tomorrow
morning.
It will be another Xmas that I have seen off. :-)

--
Simon Mason
Old January 17th 12, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
pensive hamster

On Jan 1, 12:00*pm, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:
[...]
Dave -CyclistsVOR. "Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a
University

Looks like quite an efficient mode of transport, especially in London.
Don't know about legitimate though ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55RBeyQC0lo

Old January 17th 12, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Richard McKenzie

On Jan 17, 3:02*pm, pensive hamster
wrote:
On Jan 1, 12:00*pm, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:
[...]

Dave -CyclistsVOR. "Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a
University

Looks like quite an efficient mode of transport, especially in London.
Don't know about legitimate though ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55RBeyQC0lo

Isnt the bicycle the most efficient mode of transport in terms of
energy transfer.