Shortened Tour of America announced

Old December 16th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Shortened Tour of America announced

The tour of America is interesting, but it's probably overly ambitious
and the launch is probably ill timed. Aqu has yet to list any
sponsors on it's site so far. It will probably be hard to find big
enough sponsors when the economy is having some problems. The doping
issue has made more companies averse to negative publicity. Don't get
me wrong it would be really great to have a truly national tour. If
Lance were still racing or if Landis did not have his problems then
the tour of America would probably have a very good chance. It's
probably much better to build off the Tour of California.

(http://www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/13790.0.html )
Old December 16th 07, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Best of luck to you and Aqu Sports. Just who is sponsors....? When
will the race be on the UCI calendar..?

Happy Holidays

On Dec 15, 8:34 pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:
wrote:
The tour of America is interesting, but it's probably overly ambitious
and the launch is probably ill timed. Aqu has yet to list any
sponsors on it's site so far. It will probably be hard to find big
enough sponsors when the economy is having some problems. The doping
issue has made more companies averse to negative publicity. Don't get
me wrong it would be really great to have a truly national tour. If
Lance were still racing or if Landis did not have his problems then
the tour of America would probably have a very good chance. It's
probably much better to build off the Tour of California.

(http://www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/13790.0.html)

You're questioning whether the Tour of America will happen in Sept. '08?
I'm part of the Aqu 13 who met in Myrtle Beach, and I can tell you
were full steam ahead.

If there were any problems, I would know about it.

Magilla

Old December 16th 07, 06:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Well, we (the Aqu 13 + Dr. Frank, that is) define luck as when
preparation meets opportunity, so we feel it's all about preparation.

I am not at liberty to disclose sponsor identity in order to preserve
the confidentiality of preliminary negotations, but let's just say the
$20 million goal shouldn't be a problem. We have a meeting with Mayor
Bloomberg's Office this month and we should have the first 3km of the
3,500 km course ironed out.

As far as the UCI schedule goes, the UCI race calendar committee has
indicated they're going to give us until late Spring to submit our
formal application. We should pretty much take up the entire month of
September, which means we'll be stepping on some races such as Univest
G.P. and Bermuda G.P.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to answer
them. Keep checking the daily news blurbs on Velonews and cyclingnews
for more details...there's going to be some big announcements soon.

Thanks,

Magilla

(

Old December 16th 07, 12:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Baldwin

Magilla says - I am not at liberty to disclose sponsor identity in
order to preserve the confidentiality of preliminary negotations, but
let's just say the $20 million goal shouldn't be a problem.

Generation Investment Management should sponsor The Tour of America.

How many carbon free kilowatts would be produced by the peloton during
the race? Do the math Magilla, apes are good at math, I saw it on PBS.

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

Old December 16th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Victor Kan

On Dec 16, 1:24 am, MagillaGorilla wrote:
As far as the UCI schedule goes, the UCI race calendar committee has
indicated they're going to give us until late Spring to submit our
formal application. We should pretty much take up the entire month of
September, which means we'll be stepping on some races such as Univest
G.P. and Bermuda G.P.

And the Vuelta a Espana.

Old December 16th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Michael Baldwin wrote:
Magilla says - I am not at liberty to disclose sponsor identity in
order to preserve the confidentiality of preliminary negotations, but
let's just say the $20 million goal shouldn't be a problem.

Generation Investment Management should sponsor The Tour of America.

How many carbon free kilowatts would be produced by the peloton during
the race? Do the math Magilla, apes are good at math, I saw it on PBS.

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

Dude...ain't no such animal as "free kilowatt" anything. Global Warming
is a good thing, assuming even 10% of it is true.

There's no "free" energy. All that food and EPO that it took to allow
those cyclists to generate their measley 400 watts has a serious carbon
footprint.

Only dumb people try to do the math for problems this complex. Smart
people know that doing the calculations for the carbon footprint and
energy it took to make every single bike part and energy source (food)
that goes into a racing cyclist is a pointless act of stupidity and is
by and large probably more innefficient than Hummer.

Thanks,

Magilla
Old December 16th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Victor Kan wrote:

On Dec 16, 1:24 am, MagillaGorilla wrote:

As far as the UCI schedule goes, the UCI race calendar committee has
indicated they're going to give us until late Spring to submit our
formal application. We should pretty much take up the entire month of
September, which means we'll be stepping on some races such as Univest
G.P. and Bermuda G.P.

And the Vuelta a Espana.

The Myrtle 13 spoke to Dr. Frank about this issue and the consensus
amongst everyboy in the Myrtle Beach Inn was we felt that we might be
drawing half the Pro Tour teams that would normally attennd the Vuelta
Espana simply because our purse is so large ($10 million cash)... but
that it was just one of those necessary civil wars in the sport that had
to be fought given the lack of openings on the UCI calendar.

Magilla
Old December 16th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
HC

Magilla:

Cease and desist. There is no sense in gettin' all jiggy snizzle over this
because the ToA is DOA for 2008. Face it, every AquSports path forward is
asymptotic like all the way to infinity. So why bother gettin' involved
with the cult of Dr. Arokiasamy? Give up now and consider 2009 or 2010.
Tell Frankie I said so.

HC

Old December 16th 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Baldwin

Magilla says - Only dumb people try to do the math for problems this
complex.

...so the 2007 Noble Pease Prize winner is dumb or just his flock?

...and it's _CARBON_ free kilowatt, not FREE kilowatts...

...admittedly there would be some methane gas released during the
production of these kilowatts...

..still, I think AlGore could convince the sheep that kilowatts produced
could be sold as carbon offsets.

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin