Bike Store in Claremont, Calif?

Old August 9th 04, 11:02 PM
joel roth

Default Bike Store in Claremont, Calif?

My son will be attending college in Claremont, Calif. Can anyone
recommend a bike shop in that town? He's looking to buy a bike, rather
than ride his bike out there from Chicago.

Thanks.

joel

Old August 9th 04, 11:35 PM
Steve Palincsar

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 18:02:39 -0400, joel roth wrote:

My son will be attending college in Claremont, Calif. Can anyone
recommend a bike shop in that town? He's looking to buy a bike, rather
than ride his bike out there from Chicago.

Back many years ago, Bud's Bike Shop in Claremont was owned (in part?) by
Santana founder Bill McCready, and was one of the most experienced tandem
shops to be found anywhere. No idea if he's still involved in the shop,
or the shop's current status.
Old August 9th 04, 11:46 PM
Phil Brown

Back many years ago, Bud's Bike Shop in Claremont was owned (in part?) by
Santana founder Bill McCready, and was one of the most experienced tandem
shops to be found anywhere. No idea if he's still involved in the shop,
or the shop's current status.

Still there.
Phil Brown
Old August 10th 04, 12:02 AM
Ted

My son will be attending college in Claremont, Calif. Can anyone
recommend a bike shop in that town? He's looking to buy a bike, rather
than ride his bike out there from Chicago.

Thanks.

joel

Man, kids are lazy these days.

I don't know anything about shops in Claremont, but shipping a bike
anywhere in the US is not at all difficult. But maybe he just wants a
new bike.
Old August 10th 04, 12:26 AM
winnard

"Ted" wrote in message
My son will be attending college in Claremont, Calif. Can anyone
recommend a bike shop in that town? He's looking to buy a bike, rather
than ride his bike out there from Chicago.

Thanks.

joel

Man, kids are lazy these days.

I wouldn't say lazy, Chicago to California is a long ride for anyone.

winnard

Old August 18th 04, 01:12 AM
Jee Doy

My son will be attending college in Claremont, Calif. Can anyone
recommend a bike shop in that town? He's looking to buy a bike, rather
than ride his bike out there from Chicago.

First of all, congratulations on going to Claremont. Which campus? He'll need
two bikes, one as a beater bike and the other is for serious road riding in
that area of So. Calif. Lots of hills and miles of roads. If he's going to be
a "Mudder" he will have to get a uni-cycle.

Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price General 0 June 1st 04 04:52 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Recumbent Biking 0 June 1st 04 04:49 AM
my new bike Marian Rosenberg General 5 October 19th 03 03:00 PM
Who is going to Interbike? Bruce Gilbert Techniques 2 October 10th 03 09:26 PM