what cleat for Time Sprint pedals?

Old August 17th 04, 08:42 AM
Stan Cox

Benjamin Weiner wrote:
Stan Cox wrote:

I agree. The Sprint is one of the original design pedals and would
need the Equipe Pro cleat. If I am right the pedal looks like this.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...ag2r/pedal.jpg

The only problem is that these cleats do not fit most shoes. You would
need some shoes that have a Time sole or can take inserts that fit. You
may find it less hassle to change pedals than to find cleats & shoes.
The newer Impact range use cleats that fit Look drilled soles. HTH

Time used to sell an adaptor plate that went between the 3-hole curved
shoe sole and 4-hole cleat. It was rather thick. My LBS sold me a Sidi
part that did the same thing, but was thinner. I think I had to replace
some cleat screws with shorter ones so they wouldn't bottom out on the sole.

My point entirely

Stan Cox
Old August 17th 04, 08:56 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Weirdly, I found some of these cleats in the LBS today. I bought them.
The front part is now plastic instead of the original alloy, but the
back part is still bronze.

I've also found some NOS pedals for sale :-)