Looking for a replacement for a stolen accessory

Old August 17th 04, 10:07 AM
Ronald

The Trek 950 that I used to have was equipped with Tektro brake
levers
that had clamped-on vertical brake lever end extensions which made

the
brakes accessible when gripping the bar ends. I've looked around
quite a bit, but I haven't found anyone selling these extensions,

nor
does Tektro seem to have them listed on their site. Have they been
withdrawn from the market? Is there any substitute? I liked those
extensions a lot, and I'd prefer to have another set for the
replacement bike that's under construction...but so far, I've come

up
dry in my searches. Any suggestions?

I guess you mean something like these:
http://www.firstflightbikes.com/_borders/SpecM2Bar.JPG
I also can't find them anywhere for sale, weird, i've seen them on
bikes regulary.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Old August 17th 04, 05:44 PM

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 03:14:35 GMT, Werehatrack
wrote:

The Trek 950 that I used to have was equipped with Tektro brake levers
that had clamped-on vertical brake lever end extensions which made the
brakes accessible when gripping the bar ends. I've looked around
quite a bit, but I haven't found anyone selling these extensions, nor
does Tektro seem to have them listed on their site. Have they been
withdrawn from the market? Is there any substitute? I liked those
extensions a lot, and I'd prefer to have another set for the
replacement bike that's under construction...but so far, I've come up
dry in my searches. Any suggestions?

Dear Werehatrack,

"MTB MULTI POSITION BRAKE LEVER EXTENDERS -ALLOW BRAKING
WHILE RIDING ON BAR ENDS FOR BETTER BICYCLE CONTROL AND
STOPPING POWER -SIMPLE ATTACHMENT -FIT SHIMANO, MANY OTHERS
-BLUE or SILVER -BELOW DEALER COST -PAIR = 5.95"

http://home.tir.com/~lbicosab/pricelist.htm

Might be worth a call.

Carl Fogel

Old August 17th 04, 07:33 PM
Werehatrack

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:07:04 +0200, "Ronald"
wrote:

The Trek 950 that I used to have was equipped with Tektro brake

levers
that had clamped-on vertical brake lever end extensions which made

the
brakes accessible when gripping the bar ends. I've looked around
quite a bit, but I haven't found anyone selling these extensions,
... Any suggestions?

I guess you mean something like these:
http://www.firstflightbikes.com/_borders/SpecM2Bar.JPG
I also can't find them anywhere for sale, weird, i've seen them on
bikes regulary.

Yes, those are the ones. Now all I need is a source...
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Old August 17th 04, 10:14 PM
Chalo

Werehatrack wrote:

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...eid=&pagename=

If nothing else comes up, that will do. My thanks; I had looked at
Nashbar, but I missed those.

Watch out! Those are not V-brake compatible. Also, they are crappy,
which might or might not offend your sensibilities.

Chalo Colina